Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

Not sure about spoilers with this one, DF is usually pretty good with spoilers.
So a bigger scale than UC4 but with roughly the same detail per square meter, does that not mean there was quite a bit of head room left in UC4? With the more realistic approach of TLOU 2 I can see the engine shines even more.

Unlike UC4 I am loving Lost Legacy. At Ch 4 and dont want to leave this place ever. unlike Madagascar thisis very well designed and I cant stop myself from exploring every nook and cranny.
And since these are new characters, listening to them is always interesting too and thankfully, uptill now, they dont jabber on incessantly like UC4.

All in all, I wasnt that excited for this but instead I am loving it now. Oh, and the gfx are sublime.....its a wallpaper simulator every second of the way ! :D

Just a little corner of the whole frame :
20988284_10154693325456356_1032657217983708777_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reached Ch 7 and wow ! This is such a well made game. ND learnt lessons from UC4 and everything carries meaning here.
I am so happy with this game, considering UC4 was bland and boring to me. ND has redeemed it self.

Can't wait to continue tomorrow !
and and BTW, stay completely spoilerfree in all respects !

Would you say it looks better than UC4 thus far?
Yes. The scenes are very dense. The open Chapter 4 is very dense. Either they have a sharpening filter for 4k mode or the res is higher than UC4's 1440p or they are using a new AA, but this looks much sharper than UC4 making foliage appear even more striking.

The game is good, much better than the reviewers are making it out to be. I could post screens here but I dont want to spoil anything for anyone.

Wax doll Chloe confirmed :p

uncharted_thelostlegaxaqkp.png

That wasn't in U4, I kinda like it.

Yes. The scenes are very dense. The open Chapter 4 is very dense. Either they have a sharpening filter for 4k mode or the res is higher than UC4's 1440p or they are using a new AA, but this looks much sharper than UC4 making foliage appear even more striking.

The game is good, much better than the reviewers are making it out to be. I could post screens here but I dont want to spoil anything for anyone.
It's a refined U4 essentially. What I've played looks damn impressive.
Sounds impressive guys, will be getting my copy in a few hours and soak it all in, in a none dirty way of course.:mrgreen:

Finished it : 9 hours 4 minutes of total awe, action, camaraderie and fun :D ! What a ride ! ND is back in the game :love: :love: :love: !
honestly I did not enjoy UC4 but this ......yes , ND is back in the game ! This is the Uncharted I was always a fan of ! Loved it :love: :D loved every moment of it :D ! Every mechanic tied in beautifully and was used for fun! And special congrats to all who made Ch 4 , such a well made and immensely immersive space. I really didn't want to leave !
To Naughty Dogs: How the hell did u guys make this in one year ?!??! :D and if u can really make this in one year : well, why stop my dear :D Make another ! This will help the gaming industry, the studio and gamers too. I really do not like how it takes almost 5 years now to get a AAA out. We are still waiting for our first GOW game and the gen is about to end already !!! Same for Last of US ! I dont want gens where we get onyl one iteration of a game. If this yearly thing can work, push hard on it ND and lets have this instead of one in forever ! at 9 hours, its anyways a full game.

Wont post any images for the sake of spoilers. Enjoy the game mates :love: !

Yup I'm loving it so far, gameplay is excellent and India beautiful. I liked Nadine in U4 so this is good stuff all around for me :D

The jungle is beautiful:
uncharted_thelostlegakcz7g.jpg

uncharted_thelostlegayvli1.jpg

Changing the position of the sun is a neat feature, you can create some dramatic shots with that:
uncharted_thelostlegaa3y6d.jpg

Nice !
Has the main game been updated too with these features ? Because there is a massive update even without having bought lost legacy.

I might be weird but I LOVED that Hellblade was so short. Games should stop being so long when half of the game is just filler, overcooked and not needed.
Looking forward to start this up.
I disagree with that but You are not weird for wanting a different pacing than most people.
But now that most reviewers have spoiled the average Lost Legacy game lenght It's not a game I would buy at the respective full price. I mean the levels are bigger, you explore more yet it is still that short compared to UC 4? Still sounds like a DLC to me than a standalone title then.
I would have a hard time to point out what type of "filler" moments UC4 had. It's just that most parts of the Story were told trough actual gameplay rather than cutscenes and narrated flashbacks. Now of course you could simply remove the -Nathan drake Junior- sections and replace them with action set-pieces but being able to control both, Slow and action packed moments, makes the game a more memorable complete package.

Back