Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighting seems drastically more impressive than the PSX demo and of course the addition of volumetric light beam, motion blur and AO really do help to bring out the look much more. And this is only from a damn YT vid.

Holy crap that underwater gameplay (very early on, still spoilers)

One of the best looking underwater segments. That animation near the end of the video looks amazing as well! Look at those shaders, the lighting, the shadows, the occlusion just wow: http://abload.de/img/168k3e.png Trying to keep calm here but this looks really, really exciting. And that is in compressed video from Ps4 to youtube:runaway:

Edit: Now that i looked at it again, seaweed is not tessellated, doesn't look as impressive compared to other titles in platforms such as the Xbox One or the Personal Computer for example in my opinion (totally unrelated, just bringing some examples) :|
/s

On a more serious note, you can see in that video that the occlusion tech used in that level is not a screen space one (or at least seems like it), easiest place to see that @ 0:38~ (look at leg paddles). Could be voxel based ao or dfao like the one epic is using in Unreal 4 or it could be something in-house.
And that's only just the local river, wait till we get to the open Caribbean sea:D with all sorts of crazy corals and what not. The graphics in underwater tho is simply eye meltingly good, everything just moves and looks so natural it's almost real.

PSX
uncharted4_demo_psx_195kv1.png

Final
uncharted4kreszodziejmgk4q.png

Same area, second shot compressed due to source being a youtube video but it looks completely different.

the way it light eerything and the colours, feels much more uncharted on the final.
the old one looks too gritty

Is this gameplay? Holy shit. The sheer density of detail is unbelievable.

Reading multiple reports on game length, people say anywhere from 12 hours (without much exploration) up to 18 hours, and that time doesn't include cutscenes. Seems to be around TLOU length and better than any previous Uncharted in that regard.

Last edited:
The push for transparent materials in U4 is beyond anything I've ever seen in a game, something even The Order shied away from (with few exceptions). It looks so different to what I'm used with games, and yes it has flaws. It may even not be the most technically innovative game when it comes down to it (that would be Dreams), but i just can't stop being impressed by every single piece of footage I've seen (thankfully I kept it as spoiler free as i personally could, i don't know much about the story at all). This is easily the best looking Ps4 game to date.

Last edited:
Xvl0exq.png

(area already showed in official trailers + Credit to Neogaf)

Honestly, the IQ is unbelievable... also, it's the best looking game i've seen to date.
Yes, this is well and truly the most incredible game I've ever seen, not only did they went to town with the amount of details, all the assets are drenched in beautiful lighting, shaders, all kinds of volumetrics, excellent shadow LOD and a pristine iq to boot. I got a feeling this is the main money shot of this game.

Lord almighty:oops:
mHaRcJk.png

The lighting and PBR are crazy, also the subtle SSS on Drake's ear makes it so natural.

Last edited:
Does that still look like a regular 2D sprite? :p
I'll make an argument it could be. Render the sprite with a distortion channel and adjust the background pass for your refraction. I'm not seeing anything 3D in that. Which tallies with the other scene where Drake is in the sea penetrating a flat water surface. If there's any water modelling tech, why's that water just a flat plane? The giveaway will be when we can capture and compare splash footage - sprites will have the same repeating patterns of drops.

Shit quality (and annoying kid + music in the background) but the thing i was talking about with dynamic subsurface in the water, just skip to 3:00 and watch for 20 seconds, no need to see anything else
I'll make an argument it could be. Render the sprite with a distortion channel and adjust the background pass for your refraction. I'm not seeing anything 3D in that. Which tallies with the other scene where Drake is in the sea penetrating a flat water surface. If there's any water modelling tech, why's that water just a flat plane? The giveaway will be when we can capture and compare splash footage - sprites will have the same repeating patterns of drops.

I don't think it's actually 3D droplets, just give the appearance of being so with the light refraction and shadowing. It's most probably a hack, but a decent looking one at that, i think it looks much better than your typical 2D sprite.

my first time pre ordering from PSN :D

got the digital deluxe edition.
Dont care about all the bonuses except the story DLC.
and... the bonus wallpaper is horrible. truly horrible. (low res textures, barely dynamic, low-contrast system background)

my first time pre ordering from PSN :D

got the digital deluxe edition.
Dont care about all the bonuses except the story DLC.
and... the bonus wallpaper is horrible. truly horrible. (low res textures, barely dynamic, low-contrast system background)

Yup, theme is pure trash. Me too got the Digital Deluxe and that too effectively at the price of the main game thanx to cheap PSN cards :D ! ! ! ! Oh boy this is going to be such a change from the Dark SOuls 3 I am nose deep in right now !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back