Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game looks amazing. It's pretty hard to find faults. But this argument is pretty stupid. So people who don't have the game are allowed to look at screenshots and say it looks amazing, but people who don't have the game can't look at the same screens and point out things they don't like? What makes this game any different than any other? This forum nit-picks the screens from every game that gets released. That's par for the course. I prefer to look at the overall image, rather than selective shots that highlight things you'd almost never notice while playing. But there shouldn't be a double standard.

Amazing character model!
eKAsRl.jpeg

mv64Ki.jpeg

ktaFzb.jpeg

I think the game looks amazing. It's pretty hard to find faults. But this argument is pretty stupid. So people who don't have the game are allowed to look at screenshots and say it looks amazing, but people who don't have the game can't look at the same screens and point out things they don't like? What makes this game any different than any other? This forum nit-picks the screens from every game that gets released. That's par for the course. I prefer to look at the overall image, rather than selective shots that highlight things you'd almost never notice while playing. But there shouldn't be a double standard.
Nothing wrong with finding faults or finding things done well. It's the people saying things like "there are more impressive looking games" is what I have a problem with. Not only is that an opinion, it's based on a very small sample.

Nothing wrong with finding faults or finding things done well. It's the people saying things like "there are more impressive looking games" is what I have a problem with. Not only is that an opinion, it's based on a very small sample.

The only problem there is you. You choose to have a problem by not accepting that other people will have different opinions from your own.

And usually the only sample they get, you know how many people have a strong opinion on game/movie/book they haven't played/watched/read? That gets to me in ways I can't explain, like how dense you have to be in order to do that. Alas, that is life and that's how things go.

The only problem there is you. You choose to have a problem by not accepting that other people will have different opinions from your own.
I didn't mean to say that I have a problem with people having a differing opinion than mine. What I meant to say is that I have a problem with people judging the game based on a small sample. Do you think that's fair to do?

Cutscene quality reached, this is like 99% a match in shading, model detail, texture and lighting quality. Note the gameplay shot might not be in the most ideal lighting condition still, so it could potentially be even more matching. Simply incredible.
26137512523_17bca3cc06_h.jpg

If you want ideal lighting conditions there's the in-game model viewer, cutscenes seem to have an extra shading pass and self shadowing (could be wrong about the first one)

Elena
bgyolb.jpg

Nate
cs2oqu.jpg

Sully
DxP1nU8.png

And there seems to be self shadowing present even in some gameplay shots, will be definitely something i check when i get my hands on the game.
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/hU799CR.jpg
Captured from photo mode pics looks great to me but actual in game quality nothing so special.
Spoil warning!
Pros and cons of temporal AA and reconstruction/reprojection techniques are well documented, U4 is the same just as other games using TAA, all photomode does is provide a static image, nothing else should be altered.

Ooooh that pre order button in psn is more and more tempting!

Anybody has preorder on psn? When is the preload?

Might have missed this with all the sweet internet drama in the previous pages, latest build improved on the E3 demo on quite a few ways. Including increased draw distance (look at the shadows in the buildings to the far right, the grass behind the bridge etc.), improved AA, improved motion blur, improved water reflections (looked really odd in the E3 build), improved foliage occlusion (or maybe toned down ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), higher res textures in the landscape (could be tied to lod/streaming) some added geometry here and there and some minor tweaks.

E3: http://abload.de/img/e318ki1.png
1.01: http://abload.de/img/finalfujqu.png

I meant to finish of U3 Remastered in prep for U4 but somehow managed to sink 20 hours into a new Fallout 4 playthrough.

Still, I have next weekend. :yes:

Holy crap that underwater gameplay (very early on, still spoilers)

One of the best looking underwater segments. That animation near the end of the video looks amazing as well! Look at those shaders, the lighting, the shadows, the occlusion just wow: http://abload.de/img/168k3e.png Trying to keep calm here but this looks really, really exciting. And that is in compressed video from Ps4 to youtube:runaway:

Edit: Now that i looked at it again, seaweed is not tessellated, doesn't look as impressive compared to other titles in platforms such as the Xbox One or the Personal Computer for example in my opinion (totally unrelated, just bringing some examples) :|
/s

On a more serious note, you can see in that video that the occlusion tech used in that level is not a screen space one (or at least seems like it), easiest place to see that @ 0:38~ (look at leg paddles). Could be voxel based ao or dfao like the one epic is using in Unreal 4 or it could be something in-house.

Last edited:
I agree, it's easily the best looking underwater level but to be fair, it's mainly because there are very few games having such levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back