Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game looks ridiculously good especially the natural movement of the muscles, the realistic PBR and the general top notch quality of everything. Can't wait for the technology of UC4 episodes next:).

Game looks ridiculously good especially the natural movement of the muscles, the realistic PBR and the general top notch quality of everything. Can't wait for the technology of UC4 episodes next:).

It really looks better than The Order which i had doubts originally. At least character models and shaders are a visible step above imo. Animated trees, hair, cloth all reacting accordingly: http://gfycat.com/ThirstyBlissfulCanine

Another gif comparison, not much to see here due to dof but skin looks a lot better
u4gif2vhuhs.gif

Just like Driveclub :yes:

Evo is calling that "Self shadowing parallax occlusion mapping", neat little trick!

In motion here: https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/665204795725205504?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
This is a real life shot right? I am officially in the confused zone right now.

It's in-game :LOL:
I swear the teaser must've been supersampled or something.

I think it's pretty clear by now that the first teaser was a target render, they've actually improved on it a bit though! But of course 60hz -> 30hz

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear by now that the first teaser was a target render, they've actually improved on it a bit though! But of course 60hz -> 30hz

In retrospect, it seems so obvious now that ND had no idea how their engine would end up looking like in the end at that point yet, and were probably a bit too optmistic, while sony was pressuring them to show something to press as they had little stuff to show, and a damn console to launch. The whole diminishing returns was a big thing back then, and so was 1080p60... So they were bold, and burned themselves a bit. They showed what they had, which were targt renderers, probably indeed done in a proto-engine, maybe indeed running on ps4 hardware, or equivalent pc, but definetly not in real time at consistent 60fps (even considering its only one character, controlled camera and yada yada ) yet its mostly forgotten now, thanks to ND having a good product to show ( even if not at 60fps ) and thanks to the disapointment having been administered homeopatically. Still not very nice to falsely claim the reveal was real-time on ps4 when it most certainly wasn't.

In retrospect, it seems so obvious now that ND had no idea how their engine would end up looking like in the end at that point yet, and were probably a bit too optmistic, while sony was pressuring them to show something to press as they had little stuff to show, and a damn console to launch. The whole diminishing returns was a big thing back then, and so was 1080p60... So they were bold, and burned themselves a bit. They showed what they had, which were targt renderers, probably indeed done in a proto-engine, maybe indeed running on ps4 hardware, or equivalent pc, but definetly not in real time at consistent 60fps (even considering its only one character, controlled camera and yada yada ) yet its mostly forgotten now, thanks to ND having a good product to show ( even if not at 60fps ) and thanks to the disapointment having been administered homeopatically. Still not very nice to falsely claim the reveal was real-time on ps4 when it most certainly wasn't.

Yep, i'm actually confused why they even tried to spin this as real-time or targeting 60 fps. Trying to show off i guess? You should really only reveal performance metrics when you have something up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back