Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there's surely a change in direction when it comes to color correction of the scene in general as seen in the E3 demo as well, but these are expected. PSX 2014 was an early showing of the game after all, almost 1 and a half year before release, those don't usually pan out that great (downgrade™), but because ND focused on running the game on the console at a stable framerate first, then optimizing further, the game naturally looked better with each showing.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's surely a change in direction when it comes to color correction as seen in the E3 demo as well, but these are expected. PSX 2014 was an early showing of the game after all, almost 1 and a half year before release, those don't usually pan out that great (downgrade™), but because ND focused on running the game on the console at a stable framerate first, then optimizing further, the game naturally looked better with each showing.
Except for that time when it was running at 60fps and had to be downgraded to 30fps :p

Except for that time when it was running at 60fps and had to be downgraded to 30fps :p

That was a long time ago and we've only really seen Nate in closeups. And that was most probably a target render(despite ND trying to spin it left right and center) and we'll have to wait and see if the closeups live up to the promise, although i think the game is in a far better shape right now from a distance (normal gameplay camera).

From that teaser
u4-e3-teaser-final-onxysq2.jpg

Interesting thing to note from the trailer, there's a part in which Nate is falling off a waterfall, maybe that scene is connected to this one and we'll be able to compare and see what's missing and has been added. Maybe the scene is gone completely, who knows?

Game is delayed again to May 10th because too much demand!?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/01/new-release-date-for-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end/
As you know, Naughty Dog is wrapping up production on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End with the game on track to go gold and into production later this month. In an effort to meet the considerable worldwide demand, and to ensure that all gamers worldwide have the opportunity to play the game on day one, we have chosen to postpone the launch of the game by two weeks to allow for extra manufacturing time.
Therefore, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has a new worldwide release date of May 10, 2016.
What if we all cancel our preorders, will it get pushed forward?

Eh, that's not funny anymore. But at least it means more time to play Dark Souls 3/Quantum Break so i'm not in a hurry. I'm wondering what is the issue and they keep delaying it.

It means we can play Ratchet n Clank ! Yay ! But it means my birthday month won't have UC :( !
Got the news after pre ordering the Digital Deluxe edition on Psn :-/

Downloaded the open Beta. Ready for a weekend of swinging on ropes.

I so so so so wish they had the co-op from UC2/3 in UC4 .....that was what kept UC3 alive I my house for years ! I am so gonna miss that once my SP playthroughs is over :( !

It means we can play Ratchet n Clank ! Yay ! But it means my birthday month won't have UC :( !
Got the news after pre ordering the Digital Deluxe edition on Psn :-/

Downloaded the open Beta. Ready for a weekend of swinging on ropes.

I so so so so wish they had the co-op from UC2/3 in UC4 .....that was what kept UC3 alive I my house for years ! I am so gonna miss that once my SP playthroughs is over :( !

The game has co-op.
From amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-4-T...F8&qid=1456894793&sr=1-1&keywords=uncharted+4
Pre-order from Amazon.com today and get the Amazon exclusive Snow Camo Weapon Skin - exclusive unlock to apply to all weapons in UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer. You'll also get:
-Desert Drake and UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune Outfits - Unlock and equip across both competitive and cooperative play.

? isn't its always gona be ww?
April date had EU launching few days after US. Now everyone gets the same date.

I think that they delayed it because of some issues with almost certain U4 PS4 bundle. They have to release one [or few]. Maybe they want to have better stock of them or to fix/add something. If they are talking about manufacturing issues, it cannot simply be printing of game discs [for a game that is 2+ months away]. It has to be something bigger. Best case scenario - they delayed it so that game can be bundled with "real" PS4 slim. :D

Although, MGS4 did in fact had issues with printing of discs. Game was coming out early in the bluray lifecycle, and Konami had problems with finding contracts for printing millions of dual layer BD discs. :D

But that kind of problems cannot exist now.

Last edited:
That'd be quite a good way to promote a transition to a download market actually. At the moment there's not a massive advantage to downloading games, but getting them a month earlier or so would definitely encourage earlier adoption. Although there'd then be the retailer fallout, which is all part of the Download Console discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back