Ultimate ____ site

Quitch

Veteran
For the best 3D graphics info around, I come here. If I wanted to pick up a hard drive, I'd go to Storage Review. Yet, when it comes to soundcards, processors and motherboards, I'm at a loss. So many places review them, yet which to trust, which ones really know what they're talking about. I end up browsing around, but it's hard to compare site A's review of B against site C's review of D. Is D better, or does C simply have a love of that brand, or what?

So, when you want information on stuff outside the field of graphics, where do you go?

Some of those sites is seen as biased when it comes to GPU reviews. (by some at least. Personally Im not so sure...)
Why would they be any different when it comes to CPUs? The Intel/AMD war is as heated as the ATI/Nvidia war.

Personal favorite for CPU reviews/previews are Arstechnica.com and Aceshardware.

Tokelil said:
Personal favorite for CPU reviews/previews are Arstechnica.com and Aceshardware.
Definitely agree about Arstechnica. This is quite the equivalent of beyond3d in the cpu world, you won't see much shootouts but much information about the differences in the cpu microarchitectures. If you want to see some quick benchmark numbers, this is not the place to go, but if you want to understand WHY cpu A is probably faster than cpu B at some task but slower at another, it's definitely recommended.

Back