• Switz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • combination

• Dont know/dont care/Other

• Total voters
epicstruggle said:
This might solve my problems a 10 day tour ( trying to find something a few days shorter):
EGOE_map_usa.jpg

epic

If you are going to go through Belgium, take the time to visit Brugge and in Switzerland try to see Luzerne. They are both amazing.

If you only have a small amount of time in the UK, obviously see London but try also to get out to either Cambridge or Oxford to wander around the colleges.

epicstruggle said:
I hear there are a lot of indian restaurants in UK, not sure about france and switz. The 2 of us are vegetarians and so food might be a small issue in some parts of europe.
Yeah, Indian food is very popular in the UK - you will find no shortage of Indian restaurants, and all will have vegetarian options (I'm a vegetarian myself so understand). A cheaper alternative to London might be Manchester, in which case you could go to Rusholme :)

I can say that France is a lot more difficult for vegetarians, especially the rural areas, but it can be done (I could live on cheese, fresh French bread and wine!). No idea about Switzerland, though.

I'll just say after looking at that map, and taking into account you're a veggo: Germany's going to be rough. 8)

MPI said:
I'll just say after looking at that map, and taking into account you're a veggo: Germany's going to be rough. 8)

That is true. You can't even get across the border unless you eat a foot-long portion of poowurst.

If that's true... L-B will definitely be making a trip! :LOL:

Last time I was in Europe, we kinda did the whirlwind travel from Germany-Scotland-England. Food quality kinda ranged in that same order as well with Germany having the best food. I had some really good venison & haggis in Scotland (as well as lots of fish n' chips). Black pudding is asstastic though. :?
English food is well ermm... nasty? I pretty much ate fish & chips there as well, and lurked around restaurants with names that were french or Indian in origin. WTF is up with sausage in the UK?!? It's like 60% meat and 40% something else? :oops:

MasterBaiter said:
If that's true... L-B will definitely be making a trip! :LOL:

Last time I was in Europe, we kinda did the whirlwind travel from Germany-Scotland-England. Food quality kinda ranged in that same order as well with Germany having the best food. I had some really good venison & haggis in Scotland (as well as lots of fish n' chips). Black pudding is asstastic though. :?
English food is well ermm... nasty? I pretty much ate fish & chips there as well, and lurked around restaurants with names that were french or Indian in origin. WTF is up with sausage in the UK?!? It's like 60% meat and 40% something else? :oops:

It's the 40% that gives it the taste..............

Do I sense Gay Thread of The Week developing here?

Anyway, you can get good sausage in England, but you really need to go to a proper butcher rather than some supermarket.

If you want a true taste of Scotland on the other hand, try a Scotch pie... quite how they get the "meat" quite that grey I have no idea.

You haven't seen Europe if you haven't visited the city where just about anything is possible: Amsterdam!

I somehow don't think Epic would appreciate the, erm, unique delights of Amsterdam :) Another great European city to visit is Barcelona - it really has got it all (amazing architecture, sexy women, laid back lifestyles, cool beaches, good and varied food and a great transport infrastructure).

Diplo said:
I somehow don't think Epic would appreciate the, erm, unique delights of Amsterdam :)

You're right, but I felt the list was incomplete if Amsterdam wasn't mentioned. :D

And they have great vegetarian restaurants over there. ;)

DiGuru said:
Diplo said:
I somehow don't think Epic would appreciate the, erm, unique delights of Amsterdam :)

You're right, but I felt the list was incomplete if Amsterdam wasn't mentioned. :D

And they have great vegetarian restaurants over there. ;)

Those special Cafés? :)

In Italy, no prob for vegetarian food (I mean, "spaghetti e pomodoro", what more vegetarian than that?). If you visit Tuscany, they've got the "bruschetta" there, but every region in Italy (except the mountain zones maybe) has a tradition of vegetarian food. By the way, it's not going to be very sweaty here in Italy at least for the next 10-15 days: there is an unusual fresh start of summer this year (despite the fact that the last 10 days of May were awfully hot). In fact today is almost chilly...beautiful sunshine though.

Venice, before it's gone or London, that pretty much has everything but a high chance of good weather.

Back