• Switz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • combination

• Dont know/dont care/Other

• Total voters
MuFu said:
Don't rule out Austria; Salzburg is amazing this time of year. Croatia sounds awesome too (haven't been there myself).

Out of those three I'd choose France - maybe a week in the Alps and a week on the south or east coast.

:LOL:

there are some really interesting things around here (i promise i wont push you to some minefield if you come ;) ).

southern Croatia with Dubrovnik, Pelješac peninsula and islands around there is really great...

Dubrovnik : http://www.dubrovnik.hr/
Korčula :http://www.korculainfo.com/photos/index.htm (birthplace of Marco Polo)

something tastefull : http://www.korcula.net/vina/default.htm

Pelješac : http://www.peljesac.org/index_eng.htm

and its all very close ;).... with much more around

Dubrovnik is very picturesque. The water is beautiful, and apparently there's quite a bit of island tours you can take from there.

My wife and I went last year, and had no problems speaking only english.

RussSchultz said:
Dubrovnik is very picturesque. The water is beautiful, and apparently there's quite a bit of island tours you can take from there.

My wife and I went last year, and had no problems speaking only english.

i hope you went to Mljet or Korčula....or at least to Ston for some oysters and other sea food....

MLJET

all close to Dubrovnik....

if you ever come again drop me PM or something.... (and YES i promise i wont show you minefields ;) )

RussSchultz said:
No, only there as a stopping point for a day while on a cruise.

you missed some really nice sites.... as much as we have disagreements in other part of forum if you ever plan to visit, say so.... i got some friends down there so ...

silence said:
RussSchultz said:
No, only there as a stopping point for a day while on a cruise.

you missed some really nice sites.... as much as we have disagreements in other part of forum if you ever plan to visit, say so.... i got some friends down there so ...
I'm sure I did. We took the cruise to get an idea of places we'd like to return to.

Croatia is one of them.

Squeak said:
Venice, before it's gone or London, that pretty much has everything but a high chance of good weather.

/me looks out of the window
Venice is still holding on just fine, thank you :)

Crisidelm said:
BTW, how do you say exactly "Krk"? (Which is a croatian island, for those who don't know).

LOL...exactlly as it is written.... our writing/reading has simple rule, there are no exepctions, one letter is always read the same.

thats why we even have 2 different letter for what is usually written as ch -> ć,č (dunno if u support central european encoding and will see this).

so....we say it -> krk

BTW :: i had summer house there, in Baska (prolly THE best beach in northern adriatic)

silence said:
Crisidelm said:
BTW, how do you say exactly "Krk"? (Which is a croatian island, for those who don't know).

LOL...exactlly as it is written.... our writing/reading has simple rule, there are no exepctions, one letter is always read the same.

thats why we even have 2 different letter for what is usually written as ch -> ć,č (dunno if u support central european encoding and will see this).

so....we say it -> krk

BTW :: i had summer house there, in Baska (prolly THE best beach in northern adriatic)

Hmmmm rich posh Jugoslavian... I smell war crimes here....

*I'm TOTALLY joking* ;)

RussSchultz said:
uh, would that be 'kirk' as in captain kirk?

or 'krik'? 'crook'?

closer to 'kirk' then anything else.... as i said same letter is always read the same, no exceptions....at all....

and no things like reading two letters as one ...urm...sound...(my english is bit lacking here), so yes, close to 'kirk' .....

try saying "smrt"(death) ;)

london-boy said:
Hmmmm rich posh Jugoslavian... I smell war crimes here....

*I'm TOTALLY joking* ;)

hehe....wish i was older and wiser back then.... the things you could do if you had brains or connections....

i'll tell you just one story.....
when we declared independance we had to change currency....offcourse.
so you had country of 4.5 million people that had new shiny banknotes....
but you also had Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia where old banknotes (Yugoslav dinar) was still their currency....

sooooo..... truckloads of "worthless" (in Croatia) cash went over the borders, where that cash was used to buy Deutsch Mark or Dollars or _ANY_ other currency they could get their hands on.....

one of the drivers now owns this -> http://www.lura.hr/

skip all those centreal european countrys and go right to south of spain.
cordoba , sevilla, malaga, alicante , granada

very beatifull citys.. and plenty of sunshine

Istanbul is probably to far too the east for you but worth a visit

Do a Alpine tour, Epic, sticking with Switzerland, Austria, southern Germany, and perhaps northern Italy. Beautiful countryside, friendly people, great food.

Back