TV-out no workey in vista

weaksauce

Regular
Well I have vista build 600 and forceware 97.46, I've got a gf6200 connected to the tv with s-vhs (I've also tried component), and there seem to be no signal going to the tv at all. I've got all the right settings in the control panel as far as I know. So what can be wrong?
(My tv is listed as "HDTV", though it's a regular, and I've got it on clone mode with the computer screen as primary.)

Man I hate these tv-out problems.

I suspect that the problem is that your TV is being listed as High-Def.
Vista is supposed to support content protection. So that you cant play content protected stuff without a HDCP capable connection. If your GFX card does not support HDCP then I bet Vista will turn off all TV output, just in case.

Try and see if you can change that High-Def listing to a standard def one.

This is just a guess mind!

CC

Well I have vista build 600 and forceware 97.46, I've got a gf6200 connected to the tv with s-vhs (I've also tried component), and there seem to be no signal going to the tv at all. I've got all the right settings in the control panel as far as I know. So what can be wrong?
(My tv is listed as "HDTV", though it's a regular, and I've got it on clone mode with the computer screen as primary.)

Man I hate these tv-out problems.

I can't really help other than to say my TV works as a secondary display in Vista so its not a Vista specific issue. Im using the Forceware 100.30 though.

Perhaps its a resolution issue as the poster above says. I know my TV blanks out if I try to send a resolution to it that it doesn't support. Ensure the resolution for the TV is something it can handle.

The new NV drivers are annoying to say the least. Why did they decide to remove the icon in the system tray? I used to just right click on it and choose clone>tv + monitor and that was it.

Now I have to go to the control panel, then to nVidia panel, then tv and blablabla.

Nothing to do with your problem ofcourse, but it's another problem alright. You could try it with another TV just to make sure where the problem is though.

I might have a solution to your problem now. If you've set your Vista to automatic updates, there is an update for GeForce drivers (at least for my 7800GTX, don't know about yours). Undo this update, or roll back the driver and there you have it. Solved my problem.

Back