Toshiba, Sony close to 65nm sample production

I think the phone-game wannabe's will die off eventually and you'll end up with phones with simply better gaming abilities. Also you'll probably see a bit of stratification on what games will be popular on phones vs. gaming handhelds...

In a Mob i talk and played snake on lessons, that´s it, the PSP looks good and i was suprised even how small the NGage was, but the real deal in mob-gaming, be it at work/bath/trawels etz etz are the PSP, it´s in my mind a real console in miniformat, atleast i hope it will be.

Archie said:
I think the phone-game wannabe's will die off eventually and you'll end up with phones with simply better gaming abilities.
No doubt. I just meant to say that right now everyone that has 5 minutes to spare seems to be working on one.
Clearly some people must think those are the next big thing, for one reason or another :p

Hehe, well you take a look at online Music Stores. Same situation (and only a couple have any really sensible business plan for making money on them).

But, yeah I agree with you on the 5 minutes part... They all seem to be looking at the revenues the industry is generating and start salivating before thinking...

interesting image
first CPU PS1 (1994 128mm2 0.6um 1Mtr) and evolution

CPU-PS1.jpg

Back