Top Worst Foods

london-boy said:
Liver all the way. Foulest thing ever. Any kind of liver. Pork liver, fish liver, liver oil, Liverpool.

ok, dunno for Liverpoool, but rest is really disgusting..... i still have nightmares about liver when i was in army (not like i ever ate a single bit of it, but the smell....YUCK)

I love haggis! With mashed neeps and tatties on Burn's Night! Rwar!
Or just whenever! Mmmmm, haggis. Yummy!
lovey.gif

What's up with people in this thread voting for foods they've never actually tried?
bleh2.gif

It's Aloo Saag, damn it! ;)

At least, that's what my family calls it, the potatoes obviously outnumbering the spinach.

PenguinJim said:
I love haggis! With mashed neeps and tatties on Burn's Night! Rwar!
Or just whenever! Mmmmm, haggis. Yummy!
lovey.gif
You haggis, the food, with mashed neeps and tatties or John "Haggis" Reynolds, the ex-frat dude, with mashed neeps and tatties?
PenguinJim said:
What's up with people in this thread voting for foods they've never actually tried?
bleh2.gif
Internet: It's a place where a lot of people argue and talk about things they have no clue about.

Crisidelm said:
So you were around here and did not even drop by to say "Hello"?!?
By the way, what were you doing in Treviso?
My wife and I were visiting Venice. Ryan Air (flights for ~£30 including taxes!!!) flies there and the accomodation is a helluvalot cheaper than Venice. I was also impressed how pretty Treviso was (even after seeing Venice).

Never tasted the "colatura di alici" (fermented anchovies juice, in fact "colatura" means "oozing"), which should be the direct descendant of the ancient Romans' "Garum". I should give it a try sooner or later.
While in Treviso we went to a local restaurant(/trattoria?) and of course struggled to understand the menu. Sticking with the "Pesce" side of the menu we ordered something like (pardon the spelling) "Tagglietelle .... sieppe di nero". The owner, who didn't speak English, said it was "Black fish".... I guessed, after a eating a bit, that it was squid/octupus but we really weren't expecting everything on the plate to be black. Tasted ok, but the colour was really off-putting.

Simon F said:
My wife and I were visiting Venice. Ryan Air (flights for ~£30 including taxes!!!) flies there and the accomodation is a helluvalot cheaper than Venice. I was also impressed how pretty Treviso was (even after seeing Venice).

While in Treviso we went to a local restaurant(/trattoria?) and of course struggled to understand the menu. Sticking with the "Pesce" side of the menu we ordered something like (pardon the spelling) "Tagglietelle .... sieppe di nero". The owner, who didn't speak English, said it was "Black fish".... I guessed, after a eating a bit, that it was squid/octupus but we really weren't expecting everything on the plate to be black. Tasted ok, but the colour was really off-putting.

"Tagliatelle al nero di seppia": "seppia" is cuttlefish, and you know what a cuttlefish do when it feels any danger, don't you? Yes, the tagliatelle, in that case, are made with its "black ink" mixed with the normal stuff. So the tagliatelle are meant to be black in the dish :) Anyway, for shame! Eating fish in Treviso is like asking for a pizza in Bozen, you should have tried a dish with the "Treviso red chicory" in it instead. :)

Saem said:
It's Aloo Saag, damn it! ;)

At least, that's what my family calls it, the potatoes obviously outnumbering the spinach.

Ah well, the Indian restaurant I visit usually has more Spinach than Potato!

Anyway, Wednesday night is curry night so I'll be having some Saag Aloo together with my Jalfraizi this evening. Where's the drooling smiley? :)

Actually, I've thought of another least favourite food for me: Pork Scratchings. Even the very smell of those turns my stomach and my friends always used to eat them when we were down at the pub. Ugh.

Mariner said:
Actually, I've thought of another least favourite food for me: Pork Scratchings. Even the very smell of those turns my stomach and my friends always used to eat them when we were down at the pub. Ugh.

Aye, gotta second that. The ones with tufts of hair on are particularly unappetising (kind of like eating warts).

Vysez said:
You haggis, the food, with mashed neeps and tatties or John "Haggis" Reynolds, the ex-frat dude, with mashed neeps and tatties?
It can all go in my mouth! Yummy!

And loving the pic, btw :LOL:. Poor John. ;)

Back