Top Worst Foods

I think eating celery equates to negative calorific input -- you expend more energy chewing and digesting it that your extract out of it.

Haggis!

Haggis.jpg

epicstruggle said:
and we have a winner
Nonsense, haggis is fantastic food!

I must confess that I am not 100% sure what this thread is actually about. What exactly do you want? The title is rather vague (as are the choices people have listed).
Do you want
tasty but unhealthy - Chocolate, pizza, sausgage butties, Duck confit, beer
horrible but healthy - sprouts, mushrooms
or simply the most horrible food? - Sprouts,

CC

guys.... if you dont know what chitlins are then google it... seriously... worst food ever..

Sage said:
!? no way! did you see that pic of chitlins!?
Sooo..... from Googling I gather chitlins are pigs' intestines??

Given what pigs sometimes eat, I'd say Haggis, which, IIRC, is a sheep's stomach stuffed with oats and other things, I guess the Haggis is preferable. (Actually, the one time I ate it I thought it was OK).

Just thought of the worst thing I've ever eaten...

Liver of angler fish. (At least, thats what I think they said it was)

We were served this on a business trip to Japan in an exceedingly expensive restaurant. IIRC, it was served as a green cube about 1cm^3 with the consistency of cream cheese and tasted utterly, utterly revolting.

Simon F said:
Sooo..... from Googling I gather chitlins are pigs' intestines??

Given what pigs sometimes eat, I'd say Haggis, which, IIRC, is a sheep's stomach stuffed with oats and other things, I guess the Haggis is preferable. (Actually, the one time I ate it I thought it was OK).
Other things, like lung!

This list isn't complete without a Swedish speciaity:

The Fermented Herring (or as most reasonable people would call it, rotten fish). In Swedish it's called "surströmming". It's vomit-inducing for most people to get within 10 meters of an open can. I'd rather keep a much longer distance.

Maybe it's because I haven't dared to try this trick:
All of the people who is going to participate in the dinner must sit close to the can when opened and they should as soon as possible inhale the smell. if you are more than 20 feet away from the can you will not be able to inhale a concentration big enough. This is the trick - you must as quick as possible see to that you strike out your smelling sence. Now you are ready to start eating!
I know that at least one board member will disagree though. (Hi, Humus. :D )

Simon F said:
Saw a chocolate bar in Treviso (near Venice) last week that featured 100% cocoa. Now that won't be sugary! Wished I'd bought some to try :(

So you were around here and did not even drop by to say "Hello"?!?
By the way, what were you doing in Treviso?

Never tasted the "colatura di alici" (fermented anchovies juice, in fact "colatura" means "oozing"), which should be the direct descendant of the ancient Romans' "Garum". I should give it a try sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vysez said:
Now we know why" Haggis" was John Reynolds's nickname at College (~1870).
GOD, that really made me roffle LOTS. Gonna have to give ya some rep for that, even though I'm sure John'll be less than thrilled about this magnificient photochop! :LOL:

Btw, fermented herring isn't ROTTEN. As the name says it's fermented... :rolleyes: And it does smell rather bad, but its taste actually isn't disagreeable at all when eaten the proper way in a roll with warm, boiled potatoes n sourcream and dill and stuff like that.

_xxx_ said:
Huh? Never heard of.
It's an indian dish made with potatoe and spinach and is very nice (though it's usually served as a side dish). I'm sure epicstruggle will give it the thumbs up!

Back