Top 3 most intelligent people of all time

Hellbinder said:
No Jesus the guy who created you and everything you have and holds it together by the force of His will. that Jesus.

What proof? 2,000 years before there were prophecies about him and 2,000 years later we are still talking aobut him.
Get real god boy :p
What about all the other religions? They're all wrong?
One thing I've noticed about christians is their arrogance (or what comes off as arrogance) when it comes to evolution vs creationism vs other religions, in additon to being highly hypocritical.
Evolution atleasts attempts to explain how we got here (with limited sucess) where as christians just tell you to read the bible and other nonsense.
The thing with god, is there is no proof what so ever.
They cant even begin to explain the things they believe and why they think so while sounding semi intelligent.

Last edited by a moderator:
radeonic2 said:
Get real god boy :p
What about all the other religions? They're all wrong?
One thing I've noticed about christians is their arrogance (or what comes off as arrogance) when it comes to evolution vs creationism vs other religions, in additon to being highly hypocritical.
Evolution atleasts attempts to explain how we got here (with limited sucess) where as christians just tell you to read the bible and other nonsense.
The thing with god, is there is no proof what so ever.
They cant even begin to explain the things they believe and why they think so while sounding semi intelligent.

I personally know a lot of christians, I don't know one that doesn't believe in evolution. The beliefs of the churches aren't necessarily the beliefs of the followers.

AlphaWolf said:
I personally know a lot of christians, I don't know one that doesn't believe in evolution. The beliefs of the churches aren't necessarily the beliefs of the followers.
Well I'm talking about the origin of life and how we evolved from chimps etc ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Within western culture:

1. Aristotle
2. 'Nuff said

After all this is the guy that came up with the word (intelligence)...

Yoda, who utterred the most intelligent thing which I have tried to adhere to my whole life so far :
"Do, or do not. There is no try."

John Carmack, who utterred the second most intelligent thing, a description of me which I have not stopped trying to be and which continues to guide me now :
"You are being pushy."

My son, who regularly utters the following intelligent phrase without him knowing that it makes me want to be a better man and father :
"You are my papa... why can't you do that?"

Saem said:
Ramanujan did an intense amount of work, starting off with very little.

Yes. He duplicated and surpassed the work of syndicated mathematician, in a relatively isolated environment.

Wasn't smart enough to write up his proofs though, was he? :D

Brimstone said:
Intresting that you picked Pico della Mirandola. A professor I had is developing a evolutionary model on religous and philosophical thought, likes to refer to Pico a lot. After attending many lectures from Steve Farmer, I gained a lot of respect for Pico. Definatley an amazing human being and fascinating historical figure.

http://www.safarmer.com/pico/

Hey, a man who could declaim the whole of Dante's "Divina Commedia" backwards only because he had been asked if he was able to do such a thing, couldn't be that stupid, could he? :D

Im quite suprised more people dont have Da Vinci in their list, the guy should be on everyones list of the most intelligent person of all time.

epic

well since Bill Gates makes it up there
I nominate

Elmo, The Cookie monster, and the two old Grumpy men in the balcony tied.

epicstruggle said:
Im quite suprised more people dont have Da Vinci in their list, the guy should be on everyones list of the most intelligent person of all time.

epic

i could not more agree

and i want tu add fuad with the invention of macrochtecture or something like that for the gpu :D

Back