Tomb Raider

I caved in pre ordered the PS4 version even though I didn't really like the game all that much as a TR and Lara Croft fan.

I am also almost there ;)....if I can manage the money soon enough, I am sure I will there watching Lara's hair bounce even though I wasn't much interested when it released earlier and had skipped it !
gamers are weird, as always :LOL: !

We certainly are I paid $400 for this 2 years ago because Lara !

gcMvrMf.jpg

This Xbone screen from Gamersyde looks really blurry
http://abload.de/img/tr8tsew.gif
Very blurry implementation of FXAA, different recording hardware, different image compression or upscaled game?

Also, UFG removed DOF from Xbone version
http://i.imgur.com/ddAX4oM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AFD09ly.jpg ModNote: NSFE ಠ_ಠ
The game seems to look also blurrier on Xbox One than the X360 version, but it depends on the capture. I shall wait for the DF article.

In this capture for instance, the Xbox One version looks fine to me.

su74o.png

It is from this excellent IGN comparison -bless them-

Lara looks prettier on PS4 and Xbox One than on the rest of the versions, judging by that video, but it's a matter of taste.

I've changed my mind after watching this video on Xbox One's Kinect controls and I will purchase this new Lara Croft game day one! :smile2:

Voice (if you are comfortable with shouting "Shotgun" at your TV, as they mention in the video) :smile: and gesture controls, plus you can use your body too.

This Xbone screen from Gamersyde looks really blurry

The sea looks a lot less dynamic on the XBone as well. Also the texturing on Lara's clothes seems a lot more detailed on the PS4.

I really enjoyed this reboot on the my PS3 so I've taken the plunge and am looking forward to playing this on my PS4. I think the platforming, the puzzle solving especially, will really benefit from a higher frame rate. Also considering this is just a makeover and not built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS4 I think it's looking pretty good.

Hopefully it'll break both my money making AC4 addiction and my Warframe obsession!!

It is from this excellent IGN comparison -bless them-

Lara looks prettier on PS4 and Xbox One than on the rest of the versions, judging by that video, but it's a matter of taste.

Awesome comparison video thanks. I expect many a comparison pic from that one ;)

Personally I think it's very much personal taste between the two models. It almost comes down to which type of girls you find more attractive because in terms of realism I don't think there's anything to really choose between.

Awesome comparison video thanks. I expect many a comparison pic from that one ;)

Personally I think it's very much personal taste between the two models. It almost comes down to which type of girls you find more attractive because in terms of realism I don't think there's anything to really choose between.
It's all a matter of taste. As for what you say about the type of girl, my sig says it all Laura Jackson (BBC and stuff) all the way. Interestingly enough, I seem to have a knack for British women, they all end up being from there --it's involuntary. It's past being a simple habit, even.

The new Lara, with larger eyes and rounder nose, looks like a 15 year-old teen.

There. I said it.
Now you can all feel guilty for staring at the jigglyness of a suggestively underage virtual character.

There. I said it.
Now you can all feel guilty for staring at the jigglyness of a suggestively underage virtual character.
So far, your comment made me feel bad about liking her now. Sigh...

She looks like a 20 something years old to me anyways, so I still love her.

There. I said it.

The legal age is 15 in Denmark so no problem..

The Xbox One version seems to have superior tessellation and skin shaders.

Lara's hand (note the fingers) and shoulders look rounder throughout the entire scene after the 1 minute 40 seconds mark.

Lara's hand (note the fingers) and shoulders look rounder throughout the entire scene after the 1 minute 40 seconds mark.

Over the PS4 version I take it? Personally I think they look identical with regards to tessellation in that they're both completely lacking it, in that scene at least. The straight edges on the shoulder compared to the round shoulder in the PC comparison makes that pretty clear.

Maybe that's much of the reason for her change, to make her seem younger and more vulnerable. Throw away the old bad ass Lara that can kill anyone and look like a hottie doing it, enter new Lara who is young, inexperienced, and very scared with what's going on. Makes sense to me for a series reboot. I still think her new eyes look a bit spooky to me though, but they will prolly sort that next time around. Color wise I'm wondering if it's not only her new skin that seems more saturated than before, it almost seems from that ign video that they bumped up saturation across the board on the entire scene, and upped the contrast a touch. Looks like they wanted a little more pop in general for the new look of the game.

Either there is tessellation or there is not .. Obviously all console versions lack it. maybe the XO has a bit higher polygon count for Lara's model. but that is also highly unlikely. a better explanation would be different application of AA, or simply video artifacts.

Haven't played that game on Ps3 so PS4 version is must - have for me. BTW in my eyes Ps4 looks very similar to Ultra on PC. And details like moving trees and equipment physics and extra particles should be more visible in motion than some small higher quality details from PC version.

Here we go guys, this should be more than enough to make your minds up over which model you prefer:

I must admit, given this comparison the DE takes the edge for me. It's the eyes mostly which are a lot more realistic. That said, in many instances I find the original version to be more attractive. Maybe it's the older look. Or perhaps the fast that the DE one gets a little deeper into uncanny valley.

Whichever you prefer though it's extremely close.

Back