Tired of remakes

Roger Cobb

Regular
I'm tired of remakes. What Capcom should do is find a way to continue the interesting story RE7 started. The one where Chris disagreed with the BSAA, and went and made a side group to do his own thing. But some explaining is needed, because that felt pretty random of this group to form out of nowhere.

They didn't really explain how all of that came to be. So something like that is needed to make things feel less convoluted.

I'm tired of remakes. What Capcom should do is find a way to continue the interesting story RE7 started. The one where Chris disagreed with the BSAA, and went and made a side group to do his own thing. But some explaining is needed, because that felt pretty random of this group to form out of nowhere.

They didn't really explain how all of that came to be. So something like that is needed to make things feel less convoluted.
What I'm tired is capcom careless about perfomance issue in their games, especially post release. Re4R on ps5 has just a sharpening filter to "fix" and it just improve sharpening in geometry, transparencies are still horrid as hell when they should readjust completely their reconstruction method (and they could because on XSS they did it) and their only way to fix their shit SSR is disabling completely in RE4R. They are incredibly lazy in their post release support.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. Capcom hasn't fixed yet the shitty IQ on ps5. I found unexplainable the choice to use a worst reconstruction method than XSS.
They really should stop using FSR 2 (notably using performance settings) on consoles. All that in order to check the highest resolution possible. Do they think it's going to sell more?

It's really unfavomable as UE has a really excellent TAAU that works so well when it's used like in Kena. Its so much better than FSR 2 IMO. Nobody ever complained about TAAU in Kena or others games. But FSR? all we can hear are complaints about it destroying IQ like in Dead Space, Resident Evil games or even Cyberpunk. Tragic.

They really should stop using FSR 2 (notably using performance settings) on consoles. All that in order to check the highest resolution possible. Do they think it's going to sell more?

It's really unfavomable as UE has a really excellent TAAU that works so well when it's used like in Kena. Its so much better than FSR 2 IMO. Nobody ever complained about TAAU in Kena or others games. But FSR? all we can hear are complaints about it destroying IQ like in Dead Space, Resident Evil games or even Cyberpunk. Tragic.
It's not FSR 2. It's the interlaced mode of the pc setting on both perfomance and graphic mode, sort of CBR, but clearly on xbox not used just it but something of more precise and expensive which obviously didn't cared to use on ps5 too. And frankly FSR 2 is far better than interlaced mode of RE engine. I played The Witcher 3 on ps5 in raytracing mode and the IQ is far far better than RE4R on ps5. Played RE7 yesterday in the same ps5 and it doesn't uses absolutely the abomination of CBR of RE4R; it's completely free of jaggies and subpixels shimmering/dithering seen it's RE4R on xbox console. They should at least apply a toggle option, if they think perfomance are too bad and give to the players the final choice.

Last edited:
RE8 is just a terrible game. I mean, if it had been a game from a different IP, then maybe I wouldn't care. But yeah. Capcom officially sold out.

Another thing, too. The whole game is suspiciously like a bad copy of RE4. But since the RE4 remake was next in line, I can see why it's similar. It was to generate hype, I suppose. And to their end, yeah, they pulled it off quite well.

But come on. RE8 has silly bosses. And an even sillier storyline.

I'm not a RE fan , however I think the Resident evil remakes for the first 4 make sense time wise. PS1/PS2 era games could use an update to bring them to modern gamers. There is what 20+ years of gamers out there that weren't even born yet to play these games and the originals unlike 2d games don't hold up well

Capcom need to remake (again I know ;d) Re1 and Code Veronica and then can stop as not sure re5 and re6 remakes are good idea (its good only if will be on psvr2 ;d). But where is Square remake of Parasite Eve ;/

I reckon RE5 will be remade, but it would make sense to remake the first game again because it reflects the pattern of utilizing the RE Engine.

Back