This will be interesting.....

silence

Regular
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26734

ya,ya...INQ......but....

GOOGLE HAS confirmed that it will launch free spreadsheet and word-processing software online and take on Microsoft in one of its biggest markets. Under the deal, Google will allow web users to access Sun's OpenOffice from a toolbar.

Word and Excel from Google toolbar?..... man, i think M$ might be getting real competition finally.... and for free?....

meh....
11_1_207.gif
Google

i think Google is only real PITA in M$ ass.... doing this will not only spread the word about Open Office (which is great - they have export to PDF for years and M$ just annouced that), but also take alot of Office sales away....

if they take whole Open Office in toolbar.... blah... who the fuck would pay for M$ one?

(i am using Open Office for long and i love it)... blah.. my mom that NEVER saw OO had to work on my comp once and had 0,none,nada,no problems using it.... and she is 63....

silence said:
Google is only company that can make change .... now if they only realease that browser thats been rumored for so much....;)
I'd love to see them team up with/take over Firefox in a weird way.

digitalwanderer said:
I'd love to see them team up with/take over Firefox in a weird way.

thats an old rumor about Google browser based on FF.... something i dont find impossible at all....
that would mean war on all front with M$.... thats why they prolly gathered over $4 billion in last few months by selling stocks....

there is also rumor of GoogleOS based on Linux.... but even browser would shift public opinion so much that M$ would be hurt like never before....

Back