Things are improving

Reverend

Banned
inbox.jpg

:) (decided to edit all bits showing my email address for obvious reasons)

Not "bragging" coz if he seems to be willing to email me more often it can only be good for all you guys (I may "report" those latest email correspondences in another future Pulpit thread, or in some future "interview").

Looking forward to this as always - hearing real world opinions based on real world tests are always very educational.

One thing I've been a little disapointed that the developer forums here at B3D are not used anymore :cry:

Reverend said:
:) (decided to edit all bits showing my email address for obvious reasons)

Not "bragging" coz if he seems to be willing to email me more often it can only be good for all you guys (I may "report" those latest email correspondences in another future Pulpit thread, or in some future "interview").

You know I'll talk to you any time :LOL:

Sorry, saw an email from me in the screeny and couldn't resist

Why are you still using Netscape 6 and not the Mozilla Suite? I made the switch long ago. ... What? Was there something else I was supposed to notice about the picture? :D

Ahhh PROOOF THAT REV IS BIASED!!!!!!! He has 100 more emails from ATI then NV :)

(BTW just kidding)

XxStratoMasterXx said:
You say that as if every email to JC that I send is "OMG U ARE TEH PWNAGE" or "TEH GAEM IS T00 DARK OMG JC plZ fiX".

How interesting does it have to be?

I didn't want to be insulting and it was not directed to you particularly, it was a general remark :(

What I wanted to say is that JC knows Reverend, and he knows that Rev knows his stuff about 3D rendering so he won't ask a trivial question. This is a sort of filter : Carmack receives a lot of mail every day so he can't read and answer every one. Moreover as Rev is working for B3D JC knows that eventually he will keep us (3D geeks) informed (don't forget us Rev I'm anger to see what all those emails contain :p ) so he won't have to repeat the same things again and again.

Does it makes more sense now ? Again I don't want to be insulting but you seem relatively new to 3D rendering judging by some of your posts on this forum. This is not a bad thing in itself, we've all begun one day and I'm still learning every day moreover B3D is the best place to learn. But before trying to speak directly to Carmack if I can give you an advice I would suggest you to learn a bit more. Not counting that JC isn't the only one to know about 3D : there are a lot of really competent people here who can answer your questions.

Zeross said:
XxStratoMasterXx said:
You say that as if every email to JC that I send is "OMG U ARE TEH PWNAGE" or "TEH GAEM IS T00 DARK OMG JC plZ fiX".

How interesting does it have to be?

I didn't want to be insulting and it was not directed to you particularly, it was a general remark :(

What I wanted to say is that JC knows Reverend, and he knows that Rev knows his stuff about 3D rendering so he won't ask a trivial question. This is a sort of filter : Carmack receives a lot of mail every day so he can't read and answer every one. Moreover as Rev is working for B3D JC knows that eventually he will keep us (3D geeks) informed (don't forget us Rev I'm anger to see what all those emails contain :p ) so he won't have to repeat the same things again and again.

Does it makes more sense now ? Again I don't want to be insulting but you seem relatively new to 3D rendering judging by some of your posts on this forum. This is not a bad thing in itself, we've all begun one day and I'm still learning every day moreover B3D is the best place to learn. But before trying to speak directly to Carmack if I can give you an advice I would suggest you to learn a bit more. Not counting that JC isn't the only one to know about 3D : there are a lot of really competent people here who can answer your questions.

Oh ok, no prob man, you're trying to help me out and that I appreciate, sorry If I came off a bit "hostile" :)

Yeah, i'm new at this 3D stuff. I've just recently been interested in this stuff, and have immediately been a carmack fanboy... funny how a guitarist like me would suddenly want to go into the world of 3D rendering and 3D hardware :)

It's just there are so many questions i'd like to ask carmack, and i'd trade my PC in for a shitty P3 1GHz, GeForce2 and 512MB of ram if I could have constant contact with the carmack (i wouldn't ask him stupid questions of course and I wouldn't bombard him with emails every day, lol)

Ah well, at least Rev is kind enough to post some of the emails he gets from carmack. :)

(also Zeross, check your private messages )

Back