THG's Graphics Card Buyers Guide.

Oh, ATI must be *thrilled beyond words* that the only performance chart is from Doom3. I can hear Canadian teeth grinding. ;)

geo said:
Oh, ATI must be *thrilled beyond words* that the only performance chart is from Doom3. I can hear Canadian teeth grinding. ;)
I agree.
It also seemed like the article pointed out ATi's weakness's, much more than nVidia's.....I dunno.

Why is He blaming FP16 for the far cry lighting issues still? FP16 isnt the culprit. It's mostly low res normalized cubemaps..

Once again THG shows their absolute lack of grasp on anything in the real world..... This is why I never go there.....

Although I'm sure everyone knows this I'll say it again...

Lars Weinand, the guy who writes 99% of videocard related previews, reviews, articles and columns also founded in the past a German site called Rivastation, a Nvidia fan site.

Basically Lars Weinand :devilish: is as credible as the guy Tom himself had to fire for being too clearly biased towards AMD back in the PIII days.

Its just better to ignore Tom'shardware and go to other sites or better yet organize to create a new site that will hopefully not be biased.

Akumajou said:
Basically Lars Weinand :devilish: is as credible as the guy Tom himself had to fire for being too clearly biased towards AMD back in the PIII days.

Well the problem isn't being biased. I'm 100% biased towards AMD and for good reasons. No human being can be absolutely neutral about any topic that interests him/her. The problem is letting that bias show through in supposedly objective evaluations (which is pretty difficult to avoid).

trinibwoy said:
Well the problem isn't being biased. I'm 100% biased towards AMD and for good reasons. No human being can be absolutely neutral about any topic that interests him/her. The problem is letting that bias show through in supposedly objective evaluations (which is pretty difficult to avoid).
Damn, I agree with ya! :oops:

I'm a bit sickened by their "image quality" section, they basically described what image quality is without rendering any verdicts on the cards involved....and it's the biggest issue for me. :?

trinibwoy said:
Hey I could fawn over anything ATI and have you agree with me 100% but where's the fun in that :p :LOL:
No you couldn't, haven't you figured that out yet?

I ain't just a fanboy, honest....my opinions are based on rational reasons. :(

digitalwanderer said:
I ain't just a fanboy, honest....my opinions are based on rational reasons. :(

Haha - why the long face? You should be proud. Or is rational behavior frowned upon around here :?

trinibwoy said:
Haha - why the long face? You should be proud. Or is rational behavior frowned upon around here :?
Rational behavior is actualy encouraged around here, it's just never really been a strong suit of mine personally.

I think I'm growing up a bit, and it kind of scares me. :?

trinibwoy said:
Akumajou said:

I agree since I myself am biased towards Intel, Rambus and ATI but I personally don't hate AMD, Nvidia and Id software.

I would prefer seeing a strong Matrox and PowerVR comeback that would keep them in a strong place in the market, specially since Dx 9 came out so long ago.

However I have read to many of Lars's articles to know that his type of bias should not have a place in a website unless it was a Nvidia fan site, he should at least have articles showing both ATI and Nvidia cheating but really have knowledge in doing it, specially since Nvidia's past drivers have made the 3dMark2001 dragon disappear and the current driver makes the same bench mark's point sprite horse to look like swiss cheese.

I just get the impression that Lars wants Nvidia to rule so hard so he can get married to Dawn.

Back