The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I'm getting around 99% of them just fine, but must admit there are some really annoying ones too!

Yeah same. I'm getting good at directing the camera to the particular containing I want to loot but some just seem impossible.

BTW any of you meet the trollolio troll? He should try his luck in one of these Britain got Talent or American Idol shows! :p
Haha, yes. His dialogue was brilliant. He was the first troll I encountered in the game but I've seen a few more since. Some I let live, some I had to kill. I'm definitely following the style of Geralt in the novels, I generally only kill if there is no alternative. Also I figure that anybody I "save" may well be somebody who can help me latter so it's not entirely altruistic motivations driving this.

I just don't like killing and heck.. I even tried the intro killing multiple times to see if I can progress without killing

you can't

Still in Velen! Lvl 13. The game is a bit overwhelming sometimes! So much to do, fun and addicting!

Leveling slowed down now. 1500XP per level and 3 levels per new slot...

Trying to get the feline armor today :)

I'm lvl 10 and only recently arrived on swamps to do Ladies of the woods mission! Lack of time to play ... saying that I'm 39h into the game!! Must be that Gwent and beautiful landscapes responsible for that :)

Still in Velen! Lvl 13. The game is a bit overwhelming sometimes! So much to do, fun and addicting!

Leveling slowed down now. 1500XP per level and 3 levels per new slot...

Trying to get the feline armor today :)
I got the feline at one level higher than you and it wasn't too difficult but note you can't wear the armour until you are level 14. I'd recommend doing the feline silver sword and feline steel sword quests, though. They can be equipped at level 13 and both gave me a huge upgrade over the best items I've previous found. There's also the feline crossbow which is very easy to loot but which you can't equip until level 29.

Levelling did feel like it slowed once I hit the latter stage of Velen and Novigrad but, thinking about it, I spent some time on diversions like exploration rather than questing and contracts. I hit lvl 17 last night and I'm done with the main quest line in Novigrad now, but there are a few lose ends I feel compelled to complete before I leave.

Leaving the city sure will feel weird because I've spent the past 3 or 4 real days there. I know this game is long, but seriously, this game is looooooooong!

It has begun. :)
Yes, I saw quite a few people getting excited for the mod that removes equipment degradation. On this point I've noticed that as you level up and equip better gear, the degradation takes long and long to happen. It felt really restrictive at the beginning of the game but I barely notice it now.

Do you mean because of the accents?

And the language they use. I catch myself understanding bits of conversations and written text because they are using welsh words. It's quite strange sometimes but does help with the immersion factor!

I am level 12 I think and just finished the Tower of mice mission ! Wow, the game is non stop overflowing awesomeness !!!
Now, I just did my thing with Keira and now the pellar seems to have his story to share. Blissful, feels like reading a un-put-downable novel :cool: !
BTW, found a super awesome sword under a drowned bridge ! I am pretty decked up with my super swords with 3 gems socketed and my griffin armour !

Got stuck in the hull of a boat yesterday off the west coast of Velen. Saw a hole in the deck and dropped through it and then couldn't get back out due to a beam blocking the stairs. Autosave autosaved me in the same spot so I had to revert to an early manual save.

Beware of boats!

=)

Got stuck in the hull of a boat yesterday off the west coast of Velen. Saw a hole in the deck and dropped through it and then couldn't get back out due to a beam blocking the stairs. Autosave autosaved me in the same spot so I had to revert to an early manual save.

Beware of boats!

=)

I got a similar experience. I got stuck in a hole in a swamp just next to this...thing:

tVwb.jpg

It wasn't a pretty situation! I couldn't jump in this context, dunno why, and the game auto-saved just at this spot. Fortunately when I reloaded the game I could finally jump and get out far from this ugly sight. That's still the only bug that occurred to me in the game.

Yup, some new mods are out already. Guess what kind of mods are being released first? :)

Because of the general grittiness of the game
Velen can be gritty, and I daresay it instils fear on you, at least it worked for me. But the game in general is easy on the eyes.

Last edited:
Lvl 15, found feline armor.

Still in Velen, trying the main quest...takes forever to complete!

Only complain: swimming, espicially diving is very very clunky and almost broken in my opinion...

I've just hit lvl 27 and am quite a good way through the game. It is a pretty amazing accomplishment but there are a few rough bits, controls being the biggest bug bear in my opinion. Well that and no long term storage space. I had to dismantle six relic weapons today just to make space (and I have a +70 saddle bags) and a number of nice bits of armour. Mind you I have a very nice magic crossbow now and both my swords are pretty powerful relic weapons. I've just finished the last of the treasure hunt quests for both sets of witcher gear so, once I've levelled up a bit more, I'll make the entire griffin set I think. Still haven't made my mind up about weapons yet. The feline crossbow looks pretty cool.

I've also discovered what the most valuable commodity in the entire game is. Seashells. Dismantle them for pearls and then you'll never have to spend money again. In fact I make a profit from every visit to a blacksmith or armourer now! Pay for repairs, buy lots of diagrams and stuff, and then get them to dismantle shells for pearls and sell them back to them for a tidy profit. Making all the repairs etc essentially free.

I've also discovered what the most valuable commodity in the entire game is. Seashells.
D'oh, I forgot to mention this. There is a fish merchant in Hierarch Square in Novigrad. He doesn't appear on the mini-map but he's easily spotted because his stand is full of fish. He always has both types of seas shells (one produces pearls once dismantled and the other black pearls) and you can take them straight to the armourer in the same square.

The downside is you'll quickly clean out the armourer, local blacksmiths and the other merchants who'll buy pearls.

Back