The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I think stats lose their appeal almost entirely when you aren't forced to pick and choose. Everyone's gonna end up with roughly the same character anyway, so you might as well just automate the whole process and save me the time consuming trips to the menu screen.

I think stats lose their appeal almost entirely when you aren't forced to pick and choose. Everyone's gonna end up with roughly the same character anyway, so you might as well just automate the whole process and save me the time consuming trips to the menu screen.

You are forced to pick and choose. There's aren't enough levels and places or power to grant sufficient abilities to even get close to maxing out every ability tree, plus you can only have 12 abilities active from 70 abilities in game.

So you need to pick a basic sword combat style (light, medium or heavy) and armour to complement it then decide if you're going to go all in on melee combat or signs or alchemy. Are you going to used ranged (crossbows - exploding and fiery bolts are fun) or bombs? Do you want crowd control (Axii), fire (Igni), defence (Quen), blasting (Aard) or a utility set like Yrden? You can have a bit of everything but you can't have it all active at the same time and you'll never get powerful at anything.

12 active abilities which is just 60% of one full range of abilities in the Combat, Signs and Alchemy trees. That's not a lot.

Just noticed a few little details have have escaped me before. 1) I'm in Novigrad and it's raining and there's a pane of glass leant against a wall and the rain is hitting the glass and running down it. 2) When Yrden faces, each beacon transforms into half dozen tiny Yrden signs which flutter away.

For me, this game rivals GTA V in the little details. Plus GTA V doesn't have hot slutty elves :nope:

Some more screens:
Velen_25.jpg Velen_24.jpg The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20150525140256.jpg The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20150526143740.jpg The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20150526140036.jpg The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20150526141050.jpg
You are forced to pick and choose. There's aren't enough levels and places or power to grant sufficient abilities to even get close to maxing out every ability tree, plus you can only have 12 abilities active from 70 abilities in game.

So you need to pick a basic sword combat style (light, medium or heavy) and armour to complement it then decide if you're going to go all in on melee combat or signs or alchemy. Are you going to used ranged (crossbows - exploding and fiery bolts are fun) or bombs? Do you want crowd control (Axii), fire (Igni), defence (Quen), blasting (Aard) or a utility set like Yrden? You can have a bit of everything but you can't have it all active at the same time and you'll never get powerful at anything.

12 active abilities which is just 60% of one full range of abilities in the Combat, Signs and Alchemy trees. That's not a lot.
Thats what he said that its good that u r forced to choose, otherwise everyone will end up with roughly the same character, nullifying the whole point of building ur own character :) !

Last edited:
New trailer alert!

Wow, Skellige looks fantastic. I feel like things in Novigrad are drawing to a conclusion and I'm really looking forward to the environments show in the video. That dead forest around 1:39 in looks epic creepy.

Thats what he said that its good that u r forced to choose, otherwise everyone will end up with roughly the same character, nullifying the whole point of building ur own character :) !
I read the post as Sigfried1977 saying that everybody will end up the with same build anyway.

BTW that third picture of Geralt on top of a hillock next to a place of power, I found that locale this morning and took almost exactly the same shot - except my gear is different! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still keep playing but I don't fight enemies for fun because I simply know that I won't have fun because of the controls and due to the unbalanced/shallow combat.

This is my worry. I hated Skyrim due to the combat. Now after Souls/Bloodborne/Dragon's Dogma I'm not sure I can play a western RPG with poor or boring combat.

This is my worry. I hated Skyrim due to the combat. Now after Souls/Bloodborne/Dragon's Dogma I'm not sure I can play a western RPG with poor or boring combat.

Well luckily TW3 combat is not as abysmally limited and clunky as Skiyrim's.

I told Keira there is another person in my life. She is my love, and my type --Yennefer. :love::love:Keira is too posh.

There are several witcher armour sets including griffin (medium), feline/cat (light) and bear (heavy). I'm decked out in feline with matching swords and each item in the feline set gives a 5% increase to attack power a bunch of resistances to different types of damage. I don't know about the other sets but feline is a set that is good for lvl 14 and up.

The nice thing is the sets are upgradable, so at 20 I'll upgrade to enhanced feline (with a new look) and later at around lvl 28 to superior feline. Your old armour is part of the ingredients for the new set.

The feline set (the armour set is one loot, separate kills and loots for steel and silver swords) was pretty easy to obtain at lvl 14 although the quest was rated lvl 17.

I took a potion of clearance today and re-spec'd my skills a bit. I have Igni Tier 1 (5/5) and Tier 2 (3/3) and I've taken Quen Tier 1 (3/3) and Tier 2 (3/3) which means I can maintain my Quen shield pretty much indefinitely. I also have Axii Tier 1 (3/3) and Tier 2 (2/3) which lets me mind control things, which is tremendous fun although not so much for the harpies who were my practice targets :mrgreen:

I've also taken Fast Attack Tier 1 (5/5) and Heavy Attack Tier 1 (2/5). I'm finding this quite well rounded and I'm happy with my signs capabilities for the moment so I'll be investing more in sword skills as that's what I'm using the most.
Nice, I am just level 8, but I have most of the documents regarding those armours.

Just as a remainder, KEEP the gear which is categorised as Witcher gear in your inventory! It is upgradeable. In fact the armour and the sword you start with is Witcher gear (they are highlighted in green). I sold my first armour, but if you remember the merchant you sold it to, it will be there. I re-purchased my first armour and I am going to upgrade it.

Last edited:
Sun and Stars is vital at higher difficulties where meditating doesn't heal you.
What's Sun and Stars? I am level 8 and haven't seen anything about it.

New trailer alert!

omg :oops::unsure:
Some more screens:
View attachment 713 View attachment 714 View attachment 715 View attachment 716 View attachment 717 View attachment 718
Some of them, especially the 1st and the 3rd, are really beautiful. When taking captures, please remove the HUD.

I say this because I ate two spoilers for breakfast because of the X1 friends feed showing videos and screenshots of friends. One of them was a huge spoiler, if I am not mistaken...

Has anyone else noticed how very 'welsh' a lot of the culture is?
Do you mean because of the accents?

What's Sun and Stars? I am level 8 and haven't seen anything about it.

It's one of the General Skill and it allows Geralt to regen HP during the day every X seconds and regenerate more stamina than usual during the night (no HP regen at night)
Without it at Death March I/you would need to use food all the time which is really wasteful.
So far it's IMO the most convenient/useful ability in the game.

IMO Puppet
ability, Axii's alternative mode that turns an enemy into an ally, is very powerful and useful because at Death March most enemies will one hit kill other ANY other enemy in the vicinity (when they don't run in circles like idiots) but IMO makes the game even more boring/easy because I basically just stand still and watch doting nothing. (Puppet really reminds me of Jedi Knight 2/3 mind trick which I always fund a bit too cheap and I never used it)

Last edited:
I told Keira there is another person in my life. She is my love, and my type --Yennefer. :love::love:Keira is too posh.
Same here, I wasn't sure if I could trust Keira's discretion given she's a sorceress like Yen. That could be seriously complicated :runaway:

Just as a remainder, KEEP the gear which is categorised as Witcher gear in your inventory! It is upgradeable. In fact the armour and the sword you start with is Witcher gear (they are highlighted in green). I sold my first armour, but if you remember the merchant you sold it to, it will be there. I re-purchased my first armour and I am going to upgrade it.

I believe the starting set (Kaer Morhen armour) is upgradable only to the Leather Warrior armour but I don't think any further. It's probably there to teach the basic principle of weapon upgrading and the Viper set is, I think, present to teach the principle of weapon set treasure hunts so do not consider these long term armour investments. Most of my original Kaer Morhen set is distributed across vendors in White Orchard. It's recoverable should it ever become relevant, though.

The different core sets span different levels start to finish, i.e. in order of normal set, enhanced set, superior set and mastercraft sets, here are the levels of the different sets by level:

Cat / Feline (light). Normal: 14+, enhanced: 20+, superior: 25+, mastercraft: 31+
Griffin (medium). Normal: 8+, enhanced: 15+, superior: 22+, mastercraft: 31+
Bear / Ursine (heavy). Normal: 17+, enhanced: 22+, superior: 27+, mastercraft: 30+

Often the level requirements for the weapons are different to the armour, e.g. the feline swords can be equipped at lvl 13, whereas the armour can't be equipped until lvl 14 and the crossbow not until lvl 29!

It's one of the General Skill and it allows Geralt to regen HP during the day every X seconds and more stamina than usual during the night (no HP regen at night)

I think it's 1 point per second at night, so close to nothing! Even at the starting base of 3,000 vitality, it'd take 50 minutes to fill it fully at night :runaway:

Has anyone else noticed how very 'welsh' a lot of the culture is?

Yes, lots of Welsh and west country accents then they throw you a curveball with a very distinct American!

I think it's 1 point per second at night, so close to nothing! Even at the starting base of 3,000 vitality, it'd take 50 minutes to fill it fully at night :runaway:

I checked and it's actually 10 HP points per second during the day.
It might not seem much on paper but but it allows me to never consume food/potions outside of combat.
It's really a convenient skill at Death March.
The only other useful general Skills IMO are Focus and Adrenaline Burst.

So far I only invested points in Fast & Strong attacks power and Axii during dialogues, the other abilities are barely useful to me.
I might invest points into Quen secondary mode but I abhorre the idea of using a magic shield, my reflexes should suffice :yep2:

Last edited:
I've just copied a bunch of PS4 share screenshots to my Mac and I've just noticed that the game saves the picture by the name of where it was taken, e.g. Novingrad.jpg, Novingrad_2.jpg, Oxenfurt.jpg, Temple Isle.jpg. This one is mysteriously titled Slut.jpg

2015-05-28%20Witcher%203%20-%20Novigrad_2.jpg

^^^
So did you "estiquish" the slut or not?
We want to know ;)

(I don't know why but in front of every single innkeeper in the game there is a candle and it makes talking to them even more complicated/clumsy)

HaHaHa! Great comic DSoup!

I'm getting around 99% of them just fine, but must admit there are some really annoying ones too!

BTW any of you meet the trollolio troll? He should try his luck in one of these Britain got Talent or American Idol shows! :p

Back