The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

have not finished DA;I but it does feel "soulless". As for Witcher, i played Witcher 1 but did not get hooked. Same with Witcher 2. For some reason the Story did not click with me. But on W3, for some reason i feel positive from watching the gameplay videos.
Yup, theres a personality to the visuals of the Witcher 3. DA:I has Frostbite visuals which could equally be in BF. ALso, I guess, Geralt anyways has a presence that a generic face of DA:I cannot have.

I just hope the game has perfect gameplay. I had bought my ps4 for the Witcher 3, but that was an year ago. I still want it, but lets say BloodBorne makes me drool more now, with its slick atmosphere. What I love most about the Witcher is the stories in its books. I am always reading one of them and they are fantastic and I would love to play them out myself ! The combat will be the make or break factor for me.

^platform? PC? flawless aa...I wanna know how it will look on my ps4. Hoping it won't have too much LOD pop-in. That breaks the illusion of a beautiful world completely.

Previews are out on the web and vast majority of journalist are happy with the game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lk1fyj/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-three-hours-with-the-witcher-3

30mbit B-Roll - http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004..._2015/TW3_B-roll_January_2015_h264_30mbps.mov

Game looks great in some parts, but it looks downright meh in others. Few other tidbits - PC versions ran at i7, 8gb of ram and GTX960 at Very High settings [Ultra is not yet ready], PS4 is 1080p30, Xbone is 900p30.

Game looks great in some parts, but it looks downright meh in others. Few other tidbits - PC versions ran at i7, 8gb of ram and GTX960 at Very High settings [Ultra is not yet ready], PS4 is 1080p30, Xbone is 900p30.
That screenshot looks like it's modified as a painting or something with stroke work. Doesn't even look like a game render.

is that sharpening filter i see?
its something like "luma sharpen" on ENB or sweetfx and also a bit changed curve to make the picture dark, even darker.

also the pictures is really pop-out. The artstyle makes it more like a "drawing" than "photo realistic". A bit like TLOU.

EDIT:
did they changed geralt hair a bit?

PC versions ran at i7, 8gb of ram and GTX960 at Very High settings [Ultra is not yet ready], PS4 is 1080p30, Xbone is 900p30.
So it's just a 960, I thought earlier reports indicated a gtx 980. I wonder what the general settings are for consoles but 1080p is most excellent for PS4:).

There will not be that much sex in the game, i expect few scenes. They have created so much data for.... research.

I don't care that there's sex in the game. I just think this points to lazy writing.

"We are establishing that your character was intimate with this woman recently in order to plant in your mind, that, at the very least, he must enjoy her company," Senior Game Designer Damien Monhier said. "Through sex we have shown that this is a person who Geralt would be compelled to chase after if she went missing."

Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters, Monhier explained, and to justify Geralt's pursuit of Yennefer. "We couldn't just tell you to go find someone you don't know or care about," he said. "It wouldn't work."

It's like they couldn't find any way to build a relationship between the characters.

Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters, Monhier explained, and to justify Geralt's pursuit of Yennefer. "We couldn't just tell you to go find someone you don't know or care about," he said. "It wouldn't work."

They were lovers in the books. To me it makes sense that they would hint to the new players that they had relationship in the past. I did not read much of the books [I just started], but their relationship is pretty causal and filled with tons of sex.

There's really no reason more believable than sex for why a man would chase after a woman. Realistically it's just about the only reason. Maybe it's lazy, but at least it's honest.

The books have Geralt having sex left right and centre and a lot of important story conversations happening around it. There is no way the game can be a Witcher game without it, frankly ! Even though I despise CG video game sex, but frankly, its Witcher, it will be there.
But the stories in the books are fantastic, no way if they stick to them can the story be boring.

the guy specifically says he didn't find the combat fun. No problems, but not fun. My main concern is the combat. Everything else already seems fab.

I hope that is the console version. The walls in the town look like something from 10 years ago.

the guy specifically says he didn't find the combat fun. No problems, but not fun. My main concern is the combat. Everything else already seems fab.
Thats Witcher style combat. I was never a big fan of it, I found W2 to be a lot better than W1, hopefully W3 is better than W2.

Back