The update...

weryher

Newcomer
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=41184
I just lost the last suitcase of my clothes and a roof over my head 20 minutes ago. I went back to the apartment lounge I was hiding out in over the last 2 weeks and found that the cleaners found them hidden behind the chair and took them to the campus police. One of them pointed me out to another woman from afar as I was leaving, so I know the jig is up and I can't sleep there tonight. If I go there and try to get it back, I'll get locked up for tresspassing.

All I have now is the clothes on my back and a couple spares in my bag. After a year of sneaking in empty library rooms and labs at night to sleep and having them found out and locked up one after another, I now have absolutely nowhere to sleep. I can't call home since I'm not on good terms with my parents and haven't spoken with them in 2 years.

I was never really sociable due to shyness in life, most of the few friends have long since graduated and I know nobody else on campus. I was too ashamed to go to advisors and professors for help all these years, so now my slightly dishevled apparance probably makes me look like some kind of weed addicted burnout miscreant in their eyes, even though it's just sheer tiredness from only being able to sleep 4 hours a night in a crooked chair when I'm sure absoluetly everyone in the hallway has gone to sleep without noticing me.

Oh yeah, I am - or was- an international student and I ALSO lost my passport and F1/ I20 somewhere inbetween the places I've been forced to chenge over the last few weeks, and I have lost all hope of recoivering it. The last real job I had was an intership I got as a freshman nearly 5 years ago. I can't work in the U.S. because I lost my papers (F1, Social Security card) and my work permit expired 2 years ago.

Only thing I'm good at with my hobby is music production and I can't sell my music to anybody. I can't talk to girls whatsoever, in any fashion. I've been frightened of it my entire life. I was pretty sheltered growing up so I didn't really go to parties, or talk to anyone in secondary school as such. I HATE THAT CRAP. I am 26 years old and am ashamed of myself.

Even my cousin, who I paid money to come to the States to attend college here, has long stopped talking to me, so I can't go to HIM for help. I've always tried to walk through life carefully, even prosperously, but with leaving no footprints behind. Now I'm completely freaking lost.

:cry:

Hey guys, not sure who remembered this thread but things have gotten a little bit better. I wrote this in May and things continued sliding downhill for a few months afterwards to the point where I was literally losing the soles on my feet.

Funny thing is that a guy who was staying where I used to live back a couple years ago, decided to help me out. I didn't even know the guy, but he said that he kinda understood where I had been, cause he used to play football for his college but ended up being off the team because of injury. It was the only way he could pay for school so he had to leave, and find a job while living in a small apartment. He and this other friend helped me find something to eat and sleep for a couple weeks, and then helped hunt around for a job that wouldn't look too hard at your ID etc.

After a LONG TIME Eventually I found a kiosk in a mall desperate enough in hiring people that they accepted an old photocopy of my expired visa and social security card. These people had never hired someone from another country before, so while they knew what documents they were supposed to ask for, they didn't know what exactly they LOOKED like. So while my VISA was expired, I showed them the "This passport is valid until 2010" page at the back. I basically had to use the gift of the gab to keep them from probing too much into it. 6.15 an hour, worked 50 hours a week. I know to a lot of people at this site that doesn't sound like a lot, but after starving for months it was a welcome relief.

Then I made a big gamble a month and a half ago. A new kiosk next door was offering $8.00 an hour, after seeing me do a good job at the first kiosk. They only offered 35 hours a week, but the guy there said that there was a retail store which offered $9.00, which had a manager he was friends with. I could work 2 jobs for much more than 6.15 an hour. The problem was that the guy was taking people left and right, and I would have to quit the first job quickly. I basically had to do my scheme with showing them old copies of documents, instead of the actual papers (since I had none).

Basically it worked. I constantly have to deceive some good hearted people, which has me feeling rotten and paranoid at the same time, but I now work two jobs throughout the week. I don't have a lot of friends at work, cause I'm paranoid about someone somehow figuring out my situation. Obviously school is out of the question, have no idea how to go fix that right now. As for the social issue, complete stagnation on that front, no idea what to do :\ . I only wrote this cause I was really at a low point in my life, and even things aren't quite cheery yet, they are a lot better than 6 months ago (can't believe 2007 is over already).

Thanks to those who read this.

Back