The Post-Processed Graphics Comparison Thread for The Order 1886 *beard split*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that The Order is up there with the best of the best but a modded Skyrim, Ryse, and AC Unity are unbeaten.

These screengrabs have been taken using the forthcoming screen capture feature for Xbox One, and are from AC Unity: :oops::oops:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

30bce24a5271462ee13b915e0d741c1co.png

While I'm not sure what's happening at RAD. I do know Ubisoft is making another Assassin's Creed. LOL. So I'd like to see their second attempt with their new engine with DX12 and really try to max out getting dynamic shadows on 'everything' in the scene. Do it Ubisoft!!

No, your arguments have universally been about what you find pleasing to look at, nothing more.
No they have not.

I think that The Order is up there with the best of the best but a modded Skyrim, Ryse, and AC Unity are unbeaten.

These screengrabs have been taken using the forthcoming screen capture feature for Xbox One, and are from AC Unity: :oops::oops:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

So good. Excellent IQ, lighting and materials. Not shy on geometric detail either.

Interestingly that last one exhibits chromatic aberration.

Unity is definitely a looker at the right spot but more often then not the game breaks its consistency with piss poor LOD, ps2 level characters, low res textures, poly starved assets, non existent reflection and a slew of iq issues on consoles. Put The Order next to ACU and you'll see the juxtaposition becomes very prominent.
Screenshot-Original.png
Hdo5ARh.jpg
Screenshot-Original.png
hjkPXbC.jpg

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Sorry I play the game and The Order is on the same field. I don't think it is better than everything else but at least framerate is solid and no problem of bad LOD or popin.

And after seen the image ultra gpu post. There is something odd on ACU capture. I don't know what but it is visible... I don't think ACU is a technical marvel on consoles.

Next time before thinking of improve the graphic, try to have a good framerate, better LOD, maybe less NPC but with better detail...

Last edited:
Unity is definitely a looker at the right spot but more often then not the game breaks its consistency with piss poor LOD, ps2 level characters, low res textures, poly starved assets, non existent reflection and a slew of iq issues on consoles. Put The Order next to ACU and you'll see the juxtaposition becomes very prominent.
Screenshot-Original.png
Hdo5ARh.jpg
Screenshot-Original.png
hjkPXbC.jpg

A fairer comparison:

iX10oxEBekFSd.jpg

Hdo5ARh.jpg

igjwooyfwHvIS.jpg

hjkPXbC.jpg

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Unity is also unbeaten in other aspects
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/350/9/9/ignor_by_chabbles-d8a3ukh.gif

Unity is a very uneven game [even if we ignore crazy glitches that ruined the game at the launch], Ryse is OK but not in the same league as Order, and Skyrim mods don't count [IMO].

Order 1886 is easily the best game on the market currently.

This thread is crap. As already explained, you can't win an argument of "which game looks best" by posting lots of images. There's plenty enough evidence in this thread that an image that you think prettier than the rival's doesn't convince the rival of as much because it doesn't look the same to them. That could be blind fanboy bias clouding their vision. It could also be they just have difference aesthetic preferences. Either way, images as evidence supporting the argument fail. The only discussion to be had comparing games is techniques, which needs a decent set of comparable data. We've had a gazillion images of AC:U showing nothing except Pretty yet not one image/video of the claimed soft penumbra in TO. The data's pointless.

There's a reason why game comparisons were banned on this board, and this thread demonstrates why. :cry:

Maybe the future from here is to allow anyone to claim Game X is the best looking game on console ever and deny any refutations of that personal expression. If someone criticises a game as lacking technical features ("Game X is better than Game Y because Game Y doesn't have a,b,c"), a thread analysing the tech of Game Y would be appropriate, to be conducted as a technical analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back