The Order: 1886

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Bagel seed, Jun 11, 2013.

1. chris1515

Veteran Regular

I hope other console developer will think more about image quality do less but each effect with great quality and ditch any effect with very visible artifact.

#1881 chris1515, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    RenegadeRocks likes this.
  2. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Dude, I was about to send you a PM.

Me and my friends send a standing ovation to what you guys have achieved "clap" "clap" "clap" :cool: ! you guys made our dream world come alive in such vivid detail that we are lost in it ! We love the game and love love <3<3<3 the setting and atmosphere ! If it had not been for the word of mouth from my friends, I would have missed it, but thanx to word of mouth which is continuing from me onwards too, the game is spreading like wildfire in our circle and beyond. Fantastic attention to detail and we love the story, setting, characters and the world :yes::yep2:!

let this be clearly heard by the wizards of RAD:
    WE WANT MORE:-D:-D !!!!!

3. HokutoNoKen

Newcomer

I wish the next The Evil Within game uses this game engine :(

/ Ken

Malo and RenegadeRocks like this.
  4. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Truly amazing work like oil painting comes to life. Looks like some of them have post processing off? Must have a photo mode to truly appreciate this engine tho.

5. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

I don't believe those things are mutually exclusive. There are no load times and they must be streaming in assets some time. Cutscenes give them the best opportunity to control that process, real-time included.

6. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

Yes, some of them do that. Most of them, however, simply don't. And even the ones that do provide some info do it in the most immersion breaking way possible. The fact that I have to go into the pause menu to listen to an audio clip is just beyond stupid. And sorry, I'm not gonna stop and start squinting for the next 10 minutes just so I can read a newspaper article. I know the constable was gunned down anyway. Why? - Because I was there. Most of the stuff you collect, or rather, inspect, is just junk anyway. A picture of two cooks? Sackboy? A wooden mallet belonging to a certain person (I thought it was rather funny that Sir Galahad deemed it necessary to inform me of the name of the item's proprietor in that particular case, but a summary of a newspaper article was too much to ask for)? A patient list? some illegible letters? A pipe? ... Who cares?

I especially love the instances where you have to go through a bunch of drawers containing absolutely nothing yet still counting as collectibles. In one particular late-game scene, the crap you're sifting through is nothing but busywork because there's an invisible timer counting down to the beginning of the next cut-scene. Instead of going through all the drawers and cupboards you can just stay there and wait if you want to. Despite the utter pointlessness of the whole endeavor, everything in that room still counts as a collectible of course, and thanks to the time limit you can't even interact with everything in a single go. You actually have to reload the scene.

#1886 Sigfried1977, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

8. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

9. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Just incredible work by you and the team. Almost worth buying a PS4 for. Wish one of my friends had one.

10. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

Finally had the time to check the environment art, utterly amazing stuff.

11. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Funny thing is even going from mai menu to in game is hardly 3-4 seconds :runaway: ! There is some sorcery going on for sure. How can these models n textures load so damn fast. It almost feels wrong when theres virtually no gap between pressing 'continue' on the main menu and the visuals appearing on screen in all their splendour.

12. RenegadeRocks

Legend

A lot of those screens do not have the post lens filters that make the game CG like. The visuals are definitely worth getting a ps4 for. If one wants to take a leap into a "new gen" , then this is it.

13. Gitaroo

Veteran

amazing visual and art wish the game has bigger scope and focus on exploration more.

Globalisateur likes this.
  14. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

We'll see :) I'm a PC gamer and stream games to my HTPC for the living room experience. The only console I've ever owned in my entire life was a PS3 and I bought that solely for Rockband.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be getting that PS4, Rockband 4 was just announced :D

#1894 Malo, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    RenegadeRocks likes this.
  15. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

There are frame drops in some of the cut-scenes they analyzed, which are possibly due to streaming.

Even Gears 1 had sections where you're forced to walk, which was also attributed to streaming in the next area.

chris1515 and RenegadeRocks like this.
  16. MJP

MJP
    Regular

Thank you, I will pass that on to the rest of the team! :)

Xbat, chris1515, Lukebg and 1 other person like this.
  17. MJP

MJP
    Regular

I'll ask our character lead and see if they're planning anything. If they're not, then I'll try to talk him into it!

Laa-Yosh and Billy Idol like this.
  18. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

@Malo when you will buy and play it? share your impression :D :D

19. chris1515

Veteran Regular

I am on my third run and I find how RAD hide some shadow maps problem of dynamic elements on the scenery. Very clever. When the element is not into tour field of vision the shadow is not dynamic. I discover it on the scene of evacuation of the Agamennon.

The control are great just need to assign shoulder change to a button and use DS4 audio for phonograph.

20. chris1515

Veteran Regular