The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Billions. Love the characters and writing of this show, one of my favorite TV shows for the last few years. Catching up on season 3 now.
Season 3 is great. I am a big fan of Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti. Damian's Axe is the complete opposite to the part he played in Band of Brothers, the reluctant warrior, while Paul's timbre is so soothing saying the most conniving shit ever.

Last edited:
Also I have to say HBO's Succession's season finale was fantastic.

Season 3 is great. I am a big fan of Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti. Damian's Axe is the complete opposite to the part he played in Band of Brothers, the reluctant warrior, while Paul's timbre is so soothing saying the most conniving shit ever.
oh boy Season 3 surprised me on a few twists at the end. And a certain Russian played by a certain actor... always love his work. Season 4 is going to be great given what that character is capable of.

Saw the K-drama Something in the rain (on Netflix) and the first ten episodes were amazing, the best asian drama I have ever seen. The last 6 episodes were crap unfortunately.

I recently finished the third season of Black Sails. In the last episodes I was quite upset at the stupidity of Flint's cause... if that can be called a cause.

I felt uncomfortable because I wasn't sure if the series tried to make all those pirates the cool guys (while the "law people" were all opportunists dogs, of course), even though they actually sucked, or if it was the other way around.

I really liked Flint's character, but now I don't, because he's way too proud, selfish and even childish. He sees/speaks of England as if it were a really bad person that really hurt him and because of it now it only deserves a horrible vengeance. And to achieve that, he will use people at will. Instead of improving he's getting worse, further disappointing poor Miranda.

I felt really sad that their limited vision of the issue led to Vane's death, as well. They had the pardons, for fuck's sake! They could have put their stupid prides aside and live a good life. They only speak about the tyranny of the law and civilisation, but what about the tyranny of piracy, theft, murder... anarchy? They criticise the good people's hypocrisy, but they are more hypocrite than all the rest.

So yes, overall, a sad story. I think maybe this is just what the series wanted to depict.

"Erased" on Netflix. It's in Japanese with english subtitles and based off of an anime I really, really liked and 2 episodes in it's about the best live action adaption of an anime I've ever seen and I think it's going to stay faithful to the anime and be addictive, dark, fascinating, and light hearted.

Really good show, recommended!

Finished watching HBO's Sharp Objects. We got 8 shows with 50 minutes of content, where 40 minutes were completely worthless, with maybe 5 minutes of actual story progression per show. I really wanted to like it, but it was absolutely horrible. It should have been no more than an 80 minute movie.

Finished watching HBO's Sharp Objects. We got 8 shows with 50 minutes of content, where 40 minutes were completely worthless, with maybe 5 minutes of actual story progression per show. I really wanted to like it, but it was absolutely horrible. It should have been no more than an 80 minute movie.
I don't agree at all. :)

Started watching Ozark Season 2, so far so good being 2 episodes in, it continues on the pace of season 1 and introduces further wrinkles to keep the craziness going.

Started watching Ozark Season 2, so far so good being 2 episodes in, it continues on the pace of season 1 and introduces further wrinkles to keep the craziness going.
ohhh Season 2 is out? Awesome.

that wouldnt happen in Europe or Asia or whatever, but in America..., it happens. Maybe I am going to send a CV to a Netflix korean or chinese TV show so I can play a korean guy surrounded by gorgeous korean women, and they accept an european.

Ciri is albine with green eyes and racial issues are a big part of the plot in The Witcher, not just the kind of racial issues in some countries.

Second episode of Black Sails, season 4. :-S

As I previously said, the pirate "cause" is more and more stupid to my eyes after every episode. Heck, even Anne wondered in this episode what the fuck they were doing there in Teach's ship, at Nassau's shore.

And of course I find absurd that the only good guys regarding slavery are the pirates... Yeah, like pirates are the most appropriate, caring and loving people to fight for the rights of others. Flint is just using them for his personal vendetta (as he always does with people), but of course this makes the people who supports law and order a bunch of old traditionalists who condone slavery and other nasty stuff, as good hypocrites. Now pair that with the fact that Rodgers is depicted as an opportunist and Eleanor as a traitor, and bam! Reckless pirates are the good guys!

As much as I love the pirate theme in fiction (books, movies, games, EVERYTHING), this series is supposed to be the real deal, so I take the story seriously, not as a light-hearted plot in an adventure movie.This is why I find it so jarring sometimes.

Even though I don't like her 100%, I'm with Max. She seems one of the most reasonable, balanced characters. She wants a better Nassau but she feels sorry for her old friends, at the same time, while trying to be wisely in the middle.

So, if you ask someone from Netflix to paint your room whiter than white, they'll paint it black.

It also means Netflix staff can't watch black and white films, because they'll think the TV's been turned off for 90 minutes.

It also means they think zebras are horses.

It also means they mistake mimes for cat burglars.

It also means they find magic 8 balls ominously silent.

It also means they think tippex is just sticky ink.

It also means they're albino deniers.

It also means they get superstitious in the presence of a wider range of cats.

It also means they struggle to buy tuxedos.

Second episode of Black Sails, season 4. :-S

As I previously said, the pirate "cause" is more and more stupid to my eyes after every episode. Heck, even Anne wondered in this episode what the fuck they were doing there in Teach's ship, at Nassau's shore.

And of course I find absurd that the only good guys regarding slavery are the pirates... Yeah, like pirates are the most appropriate, caring and loving people to fight for the rights of others. Flint is just using them for his personal vendetta (as he always does with people), but of course this makes the people who supports law and order a bunch of old traditionalists who condone slavery and other nasty stuff, as good hypocrites. Now pair that with the fact that Rodgers is depicted as an opportunist and Eleanor as a traitor, and bam! Reckless pirates are the good guys!

As much as I love the pirate theme in fiction (books, movies, games, EVERYTHING), this series is supposed to be the real deal, so I take the story seriously, not as a light-hearted plot in an adventure movie.This is why I find it so jarring sometimes.

Even though I don't like her 100%, I'm with Max. She seems one of the most reasonable, balanced characters. She wants a better Nassau but she feels sorry for her old friends, at the same time, while trying to be wisely in the middle.

Season 4 is great ... and perhaps one of the best endings of a season and perhaps a show ever (apart from Buffy perhaps ;)).

Netflix's Maniac limited series. Such an odd yet fun romp through something different and unique.

Amazon's Jack Ryan. Meh/10. It's ok and I like John Krasinki's work but it's poorly written. More akin to a CBS drama than a serious spy series. That may have been their goal though.

Back