The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by London-boy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Michellstar

Regular Newcomer

It´s the inception of spoilers, A spoiler inside a spoiler :)

I haven´t whatched the Thomas Jane version, just the new one on Netflix, Is it any good??

2. Michellstar

Regular Newcomer

I realized that I was a bit rough in my response, sorry about that. No harm done with the spoiler.

I whatched saturnday the 5th episode

And without knowing that Jane is somewhat alive, they are impliying that something is cooking in Venus, The work and all of that, so no big surprise, just conecting the dots

Malo likes this.
  3. Malo

Malo YakTribe.games
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Was still a spoiler really. But:

Thomas Jane is back, I didn't say Miller is alive :)

4. Babel-17

Regular

It's a short video, fan made but with professional production values and imo it's true to the spirit of The Punisher. And who's that guy running the liquor store that looks like Hell Boy? :)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2280378/
    https://100filmsinayear.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/dirty-laundry-2012/
    Edit: Oh wait, did you mean the theatrical film starring him?
    Forgettable but well done.
    https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-punisher-2004

Michellstar likes this.
  5. tuna

Veteran

Saw Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt SE4E03 yesterday. One of the best pieces of TV ever! Even boring Titus was good in it!

6. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

Since I've read all the books in The Expanse series, I've been saving up episodes of the TV-series to binge. I think the show is fantastic and I am really happy that it was saved. For me, and I've said it before, this is the best new space opera in years (the last was Battlestar Galactica, but I felt it turned to crap after season 1 basically). I liked the new Star Trek too, but The Expanse is very much different from Trek and there is room enough for both (or even more good sci-fi, here's hoping for a The Culture TV-series, but I think that would be really hard/expensive to make, but please prove me wrong!)

I am really looking forward to how the TV-series will tackle all the stuff that happens in the later books. There are some humdingers for sure. I hope Amazon will let them have the budget to really flower.

Malo likes this.
  7. Malo

Malo YakTribe.games
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

It must have been a big ask by the show creators and original writer of The Expanse to ensure some real science of space travel is in the show. It's basically unheard of in tv shows or movies that aren't focused on historical events (ie. Apollo 13). It must be very confusing to many watchers why the space craft are flying backwards. There's so many minor things they put in for how space travel actually works without Trek-like technology.

Bludd likes this.
  8. Bludd

Veteran

There are a lot of people playing Kerbal Space Engineers and Space Engineers so maybe they aren't confused, and hopefully if people are confused they will seek out information on why they have to brake in that way.

However I agree with you that it is nice that they don't intertial dampeners like Trek, but for The Expanse, it is an integral plot device that spaceflight is like it is.

Malo likes this.
  9. Mariner

Veteran

My issue with the TV show is the lack of any feeling of claustrophobia within the ships. They are as open and spacious as any Star Trek vessel whereas the books note that the Rocinante, for example, isn't a particularly large ship. I realise it is cheaper for them to film it in the way and I'm not exactly expecting Apollo 13, but the conditions on board smaller vessels would certainly be more cramped than they appear. Oh, their crash couches are terrible as well!

10. Bludd

Veteran

C'est la vie, it is what it is. Don't think the production will be retconned much with Amazon money, if they are increasing budgets at all.

11. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Finished watching the fan requested finale to Sense8, the show that was too expensive to keep running. Finale had some flaws but in general I would say it was a satisfying finale to one of my now all-time favorite shows.