The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I haven't watched any of Foundation but supposedly the second season is much better.

Apple TV + seems a little too sci-fi heavy to have broad appeal. Their biggest show is Ted Lasso but every 5 other shows seem to be sci-fi.

I haven't watched any of Foundation but supposedly the second season is much better.

Apple TV + seems a little too sci-fi heavy to have broad appeal. Their biggest show is Ted Lasso but every 5 other shows seem to be sci-fi.
i love that with apple tv+, someone there must like sci-fi

if you havent you should also read the books, there is more more there
Just started on the penultimate one. (plus the short stories one)
Very rare case but most of the Book vs TV differences the TV version is better IMO.

Just started on the penultimate one. (plus the short stories one)
Very rare case but most of the Book vs TV differences the TV version is better IMO.
not really sure if i agree but i love both

im watching dark winds, really liking it. its based on the joe leaphorn and jim chee series of novels by tony hillerman

Good news! AI/ML has been put to use for the substantial betterment of humankind, series 2 of Top Gear has been upscaled to 1080p!

I wonder what took them so long, I mean how hard could it be?

Are you talking about actual second season of Top Gear - like nearly 50 years ago or something like that?

Edit: Ah ok, series 2 apparently is when James May joined after the show had been made funnier.

I was thinking if I could crack a joke about upscaling to 1080p with 8-bit BBC obviously taking decades to finish, but it seemed a bit too forced so not going to go there.

Last edited:
DANGER: The animation is based on the second book of the trilogy! The Netflix show's first season deals with the first book in pretty compressed format, and proceeds ~20% into the second book in the last episodes.

So for anybody looking for an unspoiled experience of the trilogy, the animation is not the best place to start.

But thanks for bringing it up @digitalwanderer . Need to get it for myself to watch, somehow.

Anyway, gone to the fourth episode of Netflix 3BP and like it. It doesn't capture the darkness of the books, but it is pretty good entertainment so far.

DANGER: The animation is based on the second book of the trilogy! The Netflix show's first season deals with the first book in pretty compressed format, and proceeds ~20% into the second book in the last episodes.

So for anybody looking for an unspoiled experience of the trilogy, the animation is not the best place to start.

But thanks for bringing it up @digitalwanderer . Need to get it for myself to watch, somehow.
So the animation is a good place to continue the Netflix series then

Back