The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I finished watching Disenchantment.

Overall, I liked it, even though a few things in the plot were annoying and Bean is not very likeable (IMO, not in a "good" antihero way, just unlikeable).

I've watched the first episode of The boys S4
Well... at least Hughie hadn't enough screen time to be obnoxious...
I really liked Sage, this show needed someone who doesn't solve problems by punching them.
I spent the whole episode asking first who was this new character substituting Mother Milk, and then why they changed the actor for Mother Milk. Only today I discovered that is the same actor and character, and it's the actor who on his own decided to go on the most aggressive diet in between seasons.
Anyway, Bobby for president! Make America demons free. Send Cain to Mexico and Lilith to Canada.
The plot now needs Alexandria Ocasio to be immortal/invincible and desperate for a truce that she really doesn't need.
Why? I can hear the plausibility screech while collapsing on itself.
Frenchie spent all previous seasons boasting only 3 character points: he's very french (therefore he's a good cook), he can come up with any solution, he's desperately in love with Female and stares at her eyes like I stare at a giant pizza.
Out of the blue
1) ok, he's still french, 2) now apparently he changed from coming with any solution to coming in anyone as a solution, 3) he's no more in love with Female, instead now he's gay and in love with someone never seen before with zero characterization I don't even remember his name
It felt so random cheap and out of character, and so typical of Eric Kripke.
I still hope that they pulled a Buffy's sister, but probably they just needed to add a forced joke down the season.

Thanks Fehu! I was just debating if I should watch the first 3 episodes or not. Sounds like not.

Besides ever since I got hooked on Lower Decks Hughie is just Boimler to me! :p

Sidenote: The last couple of 2-3 episodes of Doctor Who didn't entirely suck. Surprised to say I'm looking forward to tonight's episode with the Susan Twist's twist explained. (Hopefully!)

Thanks Fehu! I was just debating if I should watch the first 3 episodes or not. Sounds like not.

Besides ever since I got hooked on Lower Decks Hughie is just Boimler to me! :p

Sidenote: The last couple of 2-3 episodes of Doctor Who didn't entirely suck. Surprised to say I'm looking forward to tonight's episode with the Susan Twist's twist explained. (Hopefully!)

It was still superb IMO and well worth watching. Although I agree with the randomness of the Frenchie decision.

Question about Dr Who how did they handle the regeneration ? If I woke up and was a woman I would touch myself freak out.

I was just debating if I should watch the first 3 episodes or not. Sounds like not.
Don't be so irritable, get some Fresca.
I've watched until episode 3. As expected Frenchie's subplot was just to make him more fleshed out.
If it was a plot point from the start, no problem, but they spent all 3 seasons shipping that couple! He even learned a child made up sign language by just watching her, with no clue, just love-powered.
For the rest is the same old (usa based satire)^3, cool, they are the only ones to do it, but at this point are just portraying the reality as it is. Is this still satire or news?
Make christ in christmas again ™
The deep is still a joke and nothing more. Occasionally funny, but...
Female is still the best: a one creature army plus big sweet eyes.
Anthony Star is great. There's a scene where he shows all of Homlander's expressions at the same time. Underrated actor in my opinion.
After so many years of Supernatural, I know that Kripke's characters have all the power of plot armor, so zero tension even in a fight.
Still, I can't stop watching it.
And now I want an MK vs. The Boys game.

How is Doctor Who now?
The christmas episode was meh, the first episode was oh my god how can be so bad please stop no no please, the second was potentially very very good thanks to the villain's performance, but anything around it was really meh. On top of that I had to watch it dubbed, so I must have lost the villain's added value.
The other episodes are good or the same?
Was expecting a lot much fro RTD.

Last edited:
Back