The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Tlou is so good, it's getting unfair for every other game adaptation...
Even the changes are creatively elevating.
When people that I personally know (at work) that are homophobes, have nothing to say for episode 3, you know it's that good.
I have nitpicks, like everyone else, but overall, this is HBO tier. :p

The ep5 shooting accuracy was overly plot-armourey for my liking.
And
Its not believable the Mandalorian failed to check all 3 of them for bites after that massive fight where they were all in direct contact with zombies/mushrooms.
Apparently thats plot from the game though?

Just finished watching Andor... absolutely brilliant - especially the prison scenes which could have been their own blockbuster movie in their own right. Hands down the best Star Wars series to date and absolutely an amazing complement to arguably the best Star Wars movie to date - Rogue One.

Andor really is extremely good.
Even Honest Trailers has literally nothing bad to say about it.
(don't actually watch this if you haven't seen the series, serious spoilers)
Not even friendly jibes, only legit pokes at the best bits of Mandalorian & dumps on the other shows.

Clone wars is probably the best Star Wars series though.

So I just watched Episode 1 of Picard season 3 and damn.... it was good! In fact, it was great! Whether it can sustain this is another matter (season 1 opened very strongly as well) but for now I'm greatly encouraged and really looking forward to the next episode.

It's also essentially Star Trek p0rn for a life long trek fan like me. Although from a ship design perspective the Titan makes no sense at all.

I stopped after season 1, which was okay but wasn't motivated to subscribe to a service which otherwise didn't have anything else appealing.

But saw some of the clips, bring the old gang back and they're going on a star ship? Stewart was looking old in season 1 already. He's going to be an eighty-something star ship captain?

Picard S3 ep1: they've picked up on 'hey people liked the references in Lower Decks' & its by far the closest to actual Startrek they've managed so far.
But its carrying around a great big steaming pile of poop that was S1 & 2.
Q guy was great in S2 & its Ep1 was promising but the season itself was utterly terrible so a relatively good Ep1, good chemistry between Picard & Riker in no way promises anything for the rest of the season.

They can't even decide on whether thats Rikers command the Titan or a new Titan A, half the dialogue talks about it as if its a brand new ship, the other half says its Rikers command and after Riker was done with it this captain has been in command for 5 years already.
Either way, slapping Startrek Online style pylons on a TMP/Refit era kitbash doesn't make it fit in post-Nemesis era :nope:

They can't even decide on whether thats Rikers command the Titan or a new Titan A, half the dialogue talks about it as if its a brand new ship, the other half says its Rikers command and after Riker was done with it this captain has been in command for 5 years already.

Which bits are you referring to with regards to it being referenced as a new ship? I only noted them talking about it as a refit of the original. That said, the refit design makes absolutely zero sense given we already know what the Luna class Titan looked like - which was absolutely nothing whatsoever like this. To be fair it's a pretty nice looking ship, but completely out of it's time.

Which bits are you referring to with regards to it being referenced as a new ship?
Like when they first go on the bridge Picard goes 'its got that new ship smell' and Riker was gushing/explaining in a way that wouldn't make sense of a ship he'd commanded for years & has had the next captain for an additional 5 years already.
Could kind of make sense as 'the ship just had a refit' but there is no way this ship could be a refit of the Luna class.

Expecting anything logical to come out of these 'writers' who bought us Picard S1 & 2 and Disgracery is of course silly.

If you're going to pull at the thread of fiction not making any sense, you're about to unravel the whole universe!

Picard S3 Ep2: The shitty writers is really starting to shine through.
The famous old quote applies: The work is Good and Original, But What is Original Is Not Good; What Is Good Is Not Original.
They've watched the movies & taken a bunch of the good bits from each but stitched them together with no elegance and their original stuff like the Raphie/Wraffie/howeverthefuckthatsspelled plot is Discovery level annoying shyte.

Mandalorian feels a lot like watching a sped-up BioWare RPG. Hero arrives in time saving people under distress; before embarking on his quest he must repair something which is possible only if he finds rare parts for it. Hero saves the ass of another old friend and gets tips and help in exchange. In the process he gets new enemies who come after him in larger numbers later on. He travels from a to b to c, just to have brief conversations in each place with old acquaintances. Etc etc etc.

Still, it's more entertaining than Boba Fett...

PS. In Finland, Feb 28 is celebrated as the day of Kalevala. True story.

The Last of Us, Season 1 Episode 8. This is unquestionably the worst episode of the series. Its not that the episode is horrible (like StarTrek Bad), it just isn't on the same level as the others. The production value was good,, but everything else was bad. Pacing was rushed. So many red flags around the new character so early on; very two dimensional and flat. You knew it wasn't going to go well.

I hope the game covered this portion better, because it wasn't good here.

Finally got to watch Andor. I haven't really enjoyed much Star Wars content, especially once Disney took over it's all been mostly garbage. Mandalorian was decent.

I think Andor is one of the best things to come out of Star Wars since Empire. Such a well written show with real characters, and fantastic portrayals of real people's events going on during Empire times.

What's sad is that I know we won't see something like that again from Disney for a long time.

Finally got to watch Andor. I haven't really enjoyed much Star Wars content, especially once Disney took over it's all been mostly garbage. Mandalorian was decent.

I think Andor is one of the best things to come out of Star Wars since Empire. Such a well written show with real characters, and fantastic portrayals of real people's events going on during Empire times.

What's sad is that I know we won't see something like that again from Disney for a long time.

Yes Andor was superb. Absolutely loved the prison story.

Back