The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

So new Dexter will be a 10 episode limited run due next fall apparently.

I just heard that Stephen King said there will be a second season of The Outsider.

If this limited series gets good ratings, they will renew it.

Just like HBO did with Big Little Lies, which was also suppose to be a one-season thing.

Saw an advert on the side of a bus today "New season of the Mandalorian begins 30th October" - W00t...........
Yes, I liked the first season very much. Finally something Star Wars that is: not targeted at teenagers; and that isn't some another remake of 4, 5 and 6 and without too much fan service.

Finished watching two long running shows.

The 100: Pretty good. Lots of twists and turns throughout the 7 seasons though I'm not sure I liked the ending. It wasn't horrible but not necessarily satisfying either.
Basically whatever is left of mankind joins some kind of hive mind alien race apart from a dozen or people or so who rather go back to earth, which is now habitable again. But since there is nothing on earth they'll basically die in a couple of years.

Ray Donovon: Pretty good. The last season especially was very good IMO. Though it does feel like the show needed a 8th season to tie everything up. Unfortunately they cancelled it. That said it didn't end on a massive cliffhanger so if you haven't seen this yes, you can watch it without being disappointed at the end.

Finished watching two long running shows.

The 100: Pretty good. Lots of twists and turns throughout the 7 seasons though I'm not sure I liked the ending. It wasn't horrible but not necessarily satisfying either.
Basically whatever is left of mankind joins some kind of hive mind alien race apart from a dozen or people or so who rather go back to earth, which is now habitable again. But since there is nothing on earth they'll basically die in a couple of years.

Ray Donovon: Pretty good. The last season especially was very good IMO. Though it does feel like the show needed a 8th season to tie everything up. Unfortunately they cancelled it. That said it didn't end on a massive cliffhanger so if you haven't seen this yes, you can watch it without being disappointed at the end.

whoa! i clicked your spoiler and yoinks.

i though you were talking about the TV show about someone who alegedly cheated on who wants to be a millionaire. then i googled, its not even titled "100". it was titled "Quiz" lol my brain.

Netflix is making an Assassin's Creed series, due to be cancelled soon after a successful first season.

That could be expensive to make though they could find some city which still has medieval or renaissance buildings and try to have the characters climb them and run along the roofs.

Though I can't imagine a city like Florence, which was the setting for one of the AC games, would let TV productions have people up on their beautiful buildings.

They could just recast the actors from The Protector, do some minor reshoots to add some story flow connections and call it Assassin's Creed series. ;-)

I'm gonna check out Utopia after y'all brought it up, also news that Amazon is fast tracking a spin-off series to The Boys just came out. :D

I think that The Boys at this point outboyied themselves. It was extremely refreshing the first time, now they are becoming the new normal and the next season will be cool, well the superhero movie coolness is very low anyway, but more of the same, and way more tame than the comic.
Anyway, just one question: they are introducing plot powers? How can Maeve teleport everywhere she can make a great entrance?
Ok, actually two questions.

episode 1 was last week friday.
I like it. Glad they are moving forward with the series

I like it too! Third episode is ready for tonight!

Also watched through Awake ... it was ok but in many ways I had the feeling it was *not* worth it.

I was just astounded and disappointed they didn't wrap up the show in Season 7, everything was moving towards a finale. One of my favorite all-time shows though, loved every season. Full of great actors but Liev Schreiber is something special.

This weekend, YouTubeTV has had free days of Showtime and Epix so I've had a lot of their material on, getting through series I had not seen before.

I've been enjoying the Showtime series Black Monday, with Don Cheadle. His character is similar but different enough from his character in series House of Lies. The story is based around the Wall Street crash on October 19, 1987. Season One covers a longer scheme leading up to the crash. So far, Season Two deals with the after affects, recovery and revenge. I'm finding Season Two is better than the first.

If you're into comedy, the documentary series The Comedy Store is very well produced and covers much of the history of the famous comedy club in the past 47 years.

Back