The official EURO 08 thread

Man, we lost the game that we best played... Congrats to Germans!

Thanks, yeah it was the best match from Türkyie but I guess we beat you with your own weapon - in the last minute.
Anyway the Turks seem to be good and fair loosers, from what I can see and here party is going peacefully for the most part on the streets here...
But Mahmut ,my mate at work will get teased to no end now, because he had such a big mouth before ;)

Turkey did very well and Germany got lucky against a decimated Turkish squad. If Germany plays like this in the final, Russia or Spain will demolish them. I hope Spain goes to the final.

Turkey did very well and Germany got lucky against a decimated Turkish squad.
Indeed. Turkey seemed dominant for 80% of the game but just seemed unlucky with finding the net. Mind you I thought it was a bad omen for them when they went ahead early in the match. :smile:

Beautiful football by Spain, incredible how Torres' managed to score that goal.

Germany doesn't work when Ballack is taken out of play. Turkey did it, Spain did it. Turkey was unlucky, Spain wasn't.

Beautiful football by Spain, incredible how Torres' managed to score that goal.

Germany doesn't work when Ballack is taken out of play. Turkey did it, Spain did it. Turkey was unlucky, Spain wasn't.

Germany played really bad. Apart from Jansen their substitutions weren't really working either.

Anyway, Spain deserved to win the Euro. They were the best and most consistent team during the whole tournament and they played the most beautiful football, too.

All in all, a very satisfying edition of the Euro championship.
England not qualifying, Portugal getting KTFO in the q/finals and finally Spain winning the damn thing.

I don't agree on Portugal and would like to replace it with Greece in your post, thehulk.

StefanS: 100% agreed.

Back