The Last of Us, Part III?

I have never bought into that bull crap about final chapters, or other titles that indicate 'the end' is nigh. A lot of the time they say that, but a franchise has marketing power, so it's either gonna be copied for something else, revived with annual films like Saw, or become rebooted. And come on. The Last of Us can be milked like The Walking Dead, and even Resident Evil. Capcom being money grabbers, and whatnot, you know they'll even eventually decide to remake the remake again, which they technically did with that lame Wii on rails game. Although nobody really remembers it a great deal, but it still happened. But anyhow, you get my point. It's always about that top dollar, right?

I started a replay of Part 2 again. Really great game, but the loading times are way to long. It is nice to be able to play it without hearing the PS4 fans run full tilt as well.

Part 1 is one of my favorite PS games ever. Part 2 I thought did some things great, and other things I wouldn't have done.. but it is what it is.

I'm hoping Part 3 can retroactively fix the issues I had of Part 2.

I'm excited for Factions, and completely love the show so far. Can't wait to see tonight's episode.

I started a replay of Part 2 again. Really great game, but the loading times are way to long. It is nice to be able to play it without hearing the PS4 fans run full tilt as well.
I hope, if there is a third, that it doesn't mind fuck me as much as 2 did. It was a great game, but the themes and the story were deliberately very shocking and too heavy. It is not necessarily a bad thing.
But it does make it harder to digest. The first did leave some emotional discomfort, but the second was something else. It was too dark and it played with our ability to relate with the characters, not knowing who to hate or like, or totally making you feel contradicting emotions for the same characters.

Isn't part 2 load time has been super fast since the last performance update that also make other games loads faster?

I hope, if there is a third, that it doesn't mind fuck me as much as 2 did. It was a great game, but the themes and the story were deliberately very shocking and too heavy. It is not necessarily a bad thing.
But it does make it harder to digest. The first did leave some emotional discomfort, but the second was something else. It was too dark and it played with our ability to relate with the characters, not knowing who to hate or like, or totally making you feel contradicting emotions for the same characters.

I think the story is awesome and actually has some courage. It didn't play it safe and is much better for it.

I think the story is awesome and actually has some courage. It didn't play it safe and is much better for it.
Oh I agree. I dont mean the story was bad by any means when I say it was heavy and screwed with my mind. It succeeded at what it wanted to do marvelously.
I consider it a masterpiece. I dont think I m ready to take more of that though.

One of the things that Part II does incredibly well is the environmental storytelling. I thought the whole story line of the corruption of the Crabs (can't really remember what they are called right now) was super well done and interesting. Just the right amount you have to piece together yourself.

Oh I agree. I dont mean the story was bad by any means when I say it was heavy and screwed with my mind. It succeeded at what it wanted to do marvelously.
I consider it a masterpiece. I dont think I m ready to take more of that though.
Which kind of makes it hard in terms of 'where do they go from here?'. I completely understand what you're saying and would agree that Naughty Dog has kind of 'maxed out' the level of depressiveness and emotional twisting that any average person is likely to be able to tolerate in a video game. Pushing further on this front seems like it would start to feel sadistic rather than bold even for me.

Sticking with Abby and Lev could make sense in terms of direct story continuation, but man, both of them have gone through more than enough already.

I think if they're gonna stick with the series, I'd probably like to see a whole new cast. In any apocalyptic setting, there's obviously plenty of stories that could be told. But I can also see this being not nearly as popular a choice, and it'd be hard to match the first game's significance in this universe. Maybe do something about the rise of the Fireflies?

I am enjoying the TV series, despite the changes to the story. For example, I was hoping to see Joel, Ellie and Bill meeting up and Bill being convinced to search for the battery so the car they need can operate. Instead, it's about Bill and Frank being lovers, and Joel does meet him in a flashback with Tess, but I was so looking forward to this episode for the part in the game is one of the best sections.

I am enjoying the TV series, despite the changes to the story. For example, I was hoping to see Joel, Ellie and Bill meeting up and Bill being convinced to search for the battery so the car they need can operate.

I was also looking forward to this, and it could have been a really intense and dramatic episode as have to make their way through the school full of infected. They could have ramped up the danger because they had bad arse Bill.

Back