The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
after years going digital only, i preodered TLOU2 Bluray disc... The seller will start shipping according to preorder queue at launch (not before). So i'll probably will be able to play around a week late, hopefully YT or google newsfeed didnt spoil me anything (they sometime spoils things with the thumbnails or the title).
I was tempted to go disc as well because it's supposedly an absolute huge game (~100Gb install) but I went with digital just so that it's there day 1. Or to put it another way, next Friday. :runaway:

The review embargo drops this Friday. :yes:

I was tempted to go disc as well because it's supposedly an absolute huge game (~100Gb install) but I went with digital just so that it's there day 1. Or to put it another way, next Friday. :runaway:

The review embargo drops this Friday. :yes:
You'll also be able to preload long before release. So day one play.

i would love to buy digital games at release, but not when that same game is also available physical for at least 15€ less in store.

Yes i wonder why it's actually cheaper to buy the game in the local store. Bought/preordered last of us 2 physically for 20dollars less, comes to the door 3 days after release. Even at the same price it would be strange, the physical copy should be more expensive to produce etc, and finally ship between manufacturers, stores and finally home owners in case you preorder.

You'll also be able to preload long before release. So day one play.
Exactly, physical deliveries are hit and miss. Amazon is pretty good but I'd hate not to have this arrive Friday and not be able to just go out and buy it from a store.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were asking how Sony gets all their money, and where $9 billion from download sales comes from? ;)

Lol, good one, explains it all :p
If the digital was cheaper, i would have gone with that, but a physical copy that's cheaper.... also makes it easier to sell it later, for people that want to.
That and i can wait three days, probably to do with the midsummer being just that weekend and the game releaseing on a friday.

That was my consideration too. I never replayed TLOU1. So I suspect it'll be the same with TLOU2. So I will sell the disc when I finished.

Btw on Indonesia, psn games published by Sony used to be cheaper than physical. Around 5-10 dollars cheaper. But with TLOU2, it's now the same price as physical.

Sony also used to sell a year of PS plus for only 20 dollars ish. Then they raised it to 50 dollars ish. I already stacked the subs to a year or two...

That was my consideration too. I never replayed TLOU1. So I suspect it'll be the same with TLOU2. So I will sell the disc when I finished.
I replay TLoU about once a year and I'll likely re-play it this coming weekend. I have TLoU Remastered on disc because, having already played it on PS3, I was less fussed about playing the remaster on day 1. Because of my slow internet, which prior to COVID-19 would have been resolved with fibre being deployed this year, I've become quite strategic with my games. I've doubled dipped a few times, buying digital editions for games I am desperate to play day 1 then buying the game on disc cheap from Amazon so I can re-install it quickly.

Btw on Indonesia, psn games published by Sony used to be cheaper than physical. Around 5-10 dollars cheaper. But with TLOU2, it's now the same price as physical.
Digital is almost always more expensive than physical in the UK. TLoU II is £49.99 on Amazon, £54.99 on PSN.

That's my normal Internet speed. It's countryside where I live with no fiber, yet.
I hear you. Mine isn't quite that bad - I can usually sustain about 7Gb/hour so this will take most of a day to download but I will have to pause the download we want to watch something on Netflix.

Yesterday I saw the Easy Allies spoiler free preview and it's really promising. They were only allowed to comment in what was shown in the State of Play demo and the biggest concern/fear raised was that stealth is powerful and that items are too prevalent but the chap admits he he's an über stealther and combs every area to find resources and avoids using guns. So surely that's a logical outcome of collecting everything and using very little!?

I'm encouraged by this though as I disliked the higher difficulties in the original game as they transformed the game into 99% stealth because there was no way to get enough ammo for most big encounters. While I absolutely enjoy stealth, I want it as a choice, I won't want to crouch for fourteen hours! I like the new difficulties levels idea in TLoU2 which allow enemies to be more perceptive. I.e., don't gouge the player, make the world more of a genuine challenge and let me at it wit the same resources and skillset.

GQ: The Last of Us Part II: how Naughty Dog made a classic amidst catastrophe

An interesting interview which spans the last two years of the game's development. Don't expect any tech talk!

Warning: the interview covers themes that some may consider spoilerish. You have been warned.

It's the first time I've seen reference to the length of the game. Just in case people don't want to know..

25 to 30 hours

What's the catastrophe? Poor project management or something else?
Not any one thing just the general theme of things that have impacted delivery of this game.

From Druckmann being pulled off The Last of Us II to finish Uncharted 4, the delays resulting from that, the release date revealed following by a delay just a week-or-so later, COVID-19 and the story/plot leaks. It's like development of this game was particularly cursed.

I frequently see my max speed of 20MB/s on PSN. Recently connected an external drive and downloaded all the big titles I had to delete due to lack of room to see them again on new TV ... RDR2, God of War, Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, games came in pretty fast.

Back