The Last of Us, Part 1 Remaster Remaster [PS5, PC]

People haven't even played 10 seconds, but of course every single person with a technical issue will rush to Steam to put in a negative review. Always gotta wait for the dust to settle.

If like me for most people the game keep crashing after 2 min of gameplay the game hasn't reach the bottom it will on steam.

Really low steam numbers for this. A bit above Days Gone. All of sony's pc ports performed mediocre at the absolute best on steam from an engagement numbers point of view, but the two games from its premiere studio are at or near the bottom for PC it seems. A lot of people seem to be having crashes. Hundreds of comments about this over there

Really long shader compilation time (easily over 30 minute with a 5600x)
One minute loading time whit a nvme ssd (and a 5600x)...
I can't play more than 2 minutes without crashing...
and I can't say a lot about performance because of the crashes
(and if @Seanspeed is wondering, i didn't let a negative review but it's bad nonetheless i think i have every right to be unhappy)

Reactions: Jay
Really low steam numbers for this. A bit above Days Gone. All of sony's pc ports performed mediocre at the absolute best on steam from an engagement numbers point of view, but the two games from its premiere studio are at or near the bottom for PC it seems. A lot of people seem to be having crashes. Hundreds of comments about this over there
It'll probably go up later in the day or on the weekend. I'm expecting 40-50K peak.

It'll probably go up later in the day or on the weekend. I'm expecting 40-50K peak.

Games always have their highest peaks during european playing hours, much more people than in the US. In europe people are off to bed now, so the numbers are going down. Any chance it might've had for a few extra thousand over the weekend is gone now with the bad word of mouth. They even removed the banner for the game from Steam, lmao. It was this huge banner covering half of steam's page when the game launched. They removed it now.

Games perfectly fine for me and my 12400f blew through shader comp.

People need to remember that PS5 isn't a slow gaming machine, GPU wise it's 6600XT/6650XT (Maybe even 6700 with console level optimisation) so just to match PS5's resolution, frame rate and graphical quality you'll need a GPU level with a 6600XT/6650XT (Maybe even a 6700)

Users are also just cranking the quality settings right up, I have no idea what quality settings are equal to PS5 (Alex at DF will no doubt come to the rescue) so I think the game is fine.

There's just a lot of users on STEAM with systems that have roughly the same GPU performance as PS5 running Ultra settings or systems slower than PS5 cranking quality settings up and then getting pissy when they get poor performance.

I feel this game is at the point we were always going to reach with PC ports, the base line has moved from a 1.84Tflop GPU to one that's 10.2Tflops and most PC's aren't up to that level and people are blaming the game.

Is there performance issues? Maybe. Is there room to improve performance? Maybe.

But people with RTX 2060's etc, etc need to keep their expectations in check as their GPU is a good chunk slower than PS5 in pure raster work loads.

PS5 is native 4k at 30fps or native 1440p at 60fps so native 4k 60 at PS5 settings is going to need a monster GPU likely in the 7900XT/4070ti range which not a lot of people have.

An RTX3060 is around the same or slightly weaker than a 6600XT/6650XT in the PC space so that GPU in the best case going to match what PS5 can do.

Last edited:
Why do you consider it irrelevant? This game has the exact same performance profile and visual makeup/experience as TLOU 2.

Then by the same token The PS5 must only be 4x faster than the PS4. Less if you consider running at 4k does not require 4x the performance of 1080p.

Back