The Intel Execution in [2024]

Gonna wait and see how this shakes out. I haven't had any noticeable problems on my 13600K, but I have seen some anecdotal stuff on reddit about significant performance loss or increased temps (?).

Maybe this will affect older, more used CPUs differently than new ones that haven't experienced any degredation. Dunno what this is about temps going up.

Gonna wait and see how this shakes out. I haven't had any noticeable problems on my 13600K, but I have seen some anecdotal stuff on reddit about significant performance loss or increased temps (?).

Maybe this will affect older, more used CPUs differently than new ones that haven't experienced any degredation. Dunno what this is about temps going up.
you could just try to lower cpu lite load to 9 or 8 or something and then have a program up that monitors CPU voltage and CPU VID and see if they go beyond 1.55 at any point. its usually light loads that can spike but after i changed the cpu lite load from 12 which was the default on my board to 9 it never went above 1.45 (ive also mitigated more out of an abundance of caution, like lowered multiplier for p/e-cores to 50/40 and lowered max power to 180 watt for the moment, its too hot now to play serious games anyway)

you could just try to lower cpu lite load to 9 or 8 or something and then have a program up that monitors CPU voltage and CPU VID and see if they go beyond 1.55 at any point. its usually light loads that can spike but after i changed the cpu lite load from 12 which was the default on my board to 9 it never went above 1.45 (ive also mitigated more out of an abundance of caution, like lowered multiplier for p/e-cores to 50/40 and lowered max power to 180 watt for the moment, its too hot now to play serious games anyway)
What is CPU lite load? Sorry I'm out of the loop. What program do you use to log CPU voltage and what load do you put on it to test the light load?

Have you applied the new microcode? My CPU has been slightly undervolted since I bought it in Feb 2023 so I dunno if it's been exposed to >1.55.

Edit I downloaded HWMonitor. There's VDD (Node A), VDDQ, VDDP, VOUT 1.8V, and VOUT 1.0V. Which one is the important one? Nevermind I'm stupid.

Last edited:
What is CPU lite load? Sorry I'm out of the loop. What program do you use to log CPU voltage and what load do you put on it to test the light load?

Have you applied the new microcode? My CPU has been slightly undervolted since I bought it in Feb 2023 so I dunno if it's been exposed to >1.55.
my board hasnt got it yet, im on the presumably 125 microcode, its the latest beta bios for my MSI MEG Z790 ACE.

i use https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html but there are others you can use like https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor
you can probably get other paid softwares that can log this nicely but i just look at the max value of CPU voltage and CPU VID after having the hardware monitor software running all the time while the system is on

CPU lite load is a setting that should be exposed in your BIOS, but maybe it isnt? from what i understand CPU lite load the lower the number is, the less of a ramp up of CPU voltage you get when running light loads. the CPU needs voltage to ramp up clocks but a higher quality CPU can get by with less CPU lite load mode

you can just test it by setting it to a lower setting and then using the system normally, i think it should lock the OS if the CPU lite load mode is too low. mine was default 12, i lowered it to 9 or 8 i think? i havent tried lower when i saw it was out of the danger zone

my board hasnt got it yet, im on the presumably 125 microcode, its the latest beta bios for my MSI MEG Z790 ACE.

i use https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html but there are others you can use like https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor
you can probably get other paid softwares that can log this nicely but i just look at the max value of CPU voltage and CPU VID after having the hardware monitor software running all the time while the system is on

CPU lite load is a setting that should be exposed in your BIOS, but maybe it isnt? from what i understand CPU lite load the lower the number is, the less of a ramp up of CPU voltage you get when running light loads. the CPU needs voltage to ramp up clocks but a higher quality CPU can get by with less CPU lite load mode

you can just test it by setting it to a lower setting and then using the system normally, i think it should lock the OS if the CPU lite load mode is too low. mine was default 12, i lowered it to 9 or 8 i think? i havent tried lower when i saw it was out of the danger zone
Thanks. I downloaded HWMonitor. There's VDD (Node A), VDDQ, VDDP, VOUT 1.8V, and VOUT 1.0V. Which one is the important one?

Holy shit I'm an idiot, that was for the memory. Nevermind. :)

Which program do you use to test for voltage spikes? I tried Prime95 with 2 threads and then 14 threads and the highest VID got is 1.291V according to HWMonitor.

I started a new thread for this.

Which program do you use to test for voltage spikes? I tried Prime95 with 2 threads and then 14 threads and the highest VID got is 1.291V according to HWMonitor.

I started a new thread for this.
the biggest spikes come from single core or dual core stuff because only one or two cores will get the max turbo boost

you could run cinebench r23 and cinebench r24 (not at the same time) in single core mode for a long time but the way i tested was just using my machine normally for many days and just noting at the end of the day the max value of the CPU voltage and CPU VID after leaving hwmonitor running all day

the biggest spikes come from single core or dual core stuff because only one or two cores will get the max turbo boost

you could run cinebench r23 and cinebench r24 (not at the same time) in single core mode for a long time but the way i tested was just using my machine normally for many days and just noting at the end of the day the max value of the CPU voltage and CPU VID after leaving hwmonitor running all day
Thanks. I'll carry on with this in the other thread. :)

Back