The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

Care to give some context to your link dump?

Care to give some context to your link dump?

Insomniacs seems to be aware that their game is getting highly anticipated. They are probably even more motivated. Sony might even give them more resources during the development.

These are good news for the game.

"We played Insomniac Games’ Spider-Man, and we know its release date. The May issue of Game Informer is loaded with new details about the wall crawler's highly anticipated return to video games. Our hands-on impressions reveal what you can expect from the open world – the missions, side activities, collectibles, and more. We also dive deep into the web-swinging controls, combat complexity, and surprisingly deep upgrade paths, which include suit crafting"

Edit:

If it's a release date then it's this year, if it's a release window it's next year.

Please be a date, please be a date, please be a date, please be a date, please be a date.. :yep2::runaway::yep2::runaway:

Is this the same Spidie (voiced by Tom Holland) as the new movies, or a different version?

They're also not doing an origin story, which I think most people are familiar with. This will be an experienced Spider-Man, which begs the question of how they'll handle powers. Are they all going to be unlocked out of the gate, or will they come up with the story reason that experienced Spider-Man's powers get augmented over the course of the story?

I really know little about Spider-Man other than the films. The 1977 version is the best and you can watch the whole movie on YouTube. :runaway:

Do we know if his web is biological or science? I don't see a belt of secondary canisters. The chemical one would be better for gameplay I imagine, giving a resource to be managed.

They're also not doing an origin story, which I think most people are familiar with. This will be an experienced Spider-Man, which begs the question of how they'll handle powers. Are they all going to be unlocked out of the gate, or will they come up with the story reason that experienced Spider-Man's powers get augmented over the course of the story?

I really know little about Spider-Man other than the films. The 1977 version is the best and you can watch the whole movie on YouTube. :runaway:

We've also played a seasoned Batman 4 times in a row, and every time he had to relearn a lot of shit because videogames. I'm fine with that personally.
Heck, maybe he'll get the Tony Stark-made suit from Homecoming with all the training wheels still in place at the start.

Heck, maybe he'll get the Tony Stark-made suit from Homecoming with all the training wheels still in place at the start.

"Would you like me to engage enhanced combat mode?"
"Enhanced combat mode? Yeah."
"Activating instant kill."
"No, no, no, no, no. I don't want to kill anybody."
"Deactivating instant kill". :LOL:

Insomniac have said that Peter Parker is 23 years old, has been Spider-Man for eight years and is at "the height of his powers". Maybe he'll get an injury or something like the beginning of Infamous 2.

Back