The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

He's spun a web onto a moving crane that's presumably moving to the left thus the locomotion would have changed the trajectory:idea:
It's a free-flowing flexible web. Doesn't matter how the crane would be moving; gravity and his existing momentum would be the only forces acting on him.

As for it being okay to break the laws of physics, there's no problem at all. The issue is when things aren't explained or ignored. You can have whatever rules you want in a fantasy, but they need to work and be applied. If Spidey can defy the laws of physics, it should be explained how. Either that or he should operate within the default laws of physics, and just change the way he uses his web so he does more pulling and pushing and jumping to keep moving the right way, also accounting those limits into how well he can or can't pursue someone.

The one that kills me most is the Ant Man film. He shrinks small enough to fit between the atoms of the whatever-it-was to smash it from the inside. Well, he'd have been too small to do anything. He'd have passed harmless through the atoms on the inside as well. The writers glossed over that and made the conclusion a nonsense when they could have just tweaked the resolution so there were no gaping holes. I don't know if writers are just lazy or ill-educated.

[+1 vote for Off Topic]

It's a free-flowing flexible web. Doesn't matter how the crane would be moving; gravity and his existing momentum would be the only forces acting on him.

As for it being okay to break the laws of physics, there's no problem at all. The issue is when things aren't explained or ignored. You can have whatever rules you want in a fantasy, but they need to work and be applied. If Spidey can defy the laws of physics, it should be explained how. Either that or he should operate within the default laws of physics, and just change the way he uses his web so he does more pulling and pushing and jumping to keep moving the right way, also accounting those limits into how well he can or can't pursue someone.

The one that kills me most is the Ant Man film. He shrinks small enough to fit between the atoms of the whatever-it-was to smash it from the inside. Well, he'd have been too small to do anything. He'd have passed harmless through the atoms on the inside as well. The writers glossed over that and made the conclusion a nonsense when they could have just tweaked the resolution so there were no gaping holes. I don't know if writers are just lazy or ill-educated.

[+1 vote for Off Topic]

You're literally the worst derailer in B3D history.

As for Ant Man, it makes TOTAL sense cause it's explained that the smaller he gets, the stronger he gets, which makes total sense cause science!

I don't know if writers are just lazy or ill-educated.

[+1 vote for Off Topic]

Possible. But I'm more inclined to believe Hollywood doesn't want to alienate the youngest of its viewers and the less educated, whom more than likely make up the majority of ticket sales.

But yes, back on topic... lol

[+1 vote for Off Topic]
Except at that point Spidey's momentum was moving forward and what happens when a forward moving object gets intercepted by a side moving force? The said object moves in the same direction as the intercepting force assuming the force is stronger than the object.
Pretending to be a physicist.

It's actually an interesting point for the game. How do they handle the physics when they can't rely on conventional physics engines and normal rope physics? I'm guessing they work out a curve path and send the web somewhere relative to that. Will be very interesting if there's a photo mode where you can look at exactly where the web is fixed. Well, mildly interesting. Actually, not interesting. No-one cares. I'll get my coat...

It's actually an interesting point for the game. How do they handle the physics when they can't rely on conventional physics engines and normal rope physics? I'm guessing they work out a curve path and send the web somewhere relative to that. Will be very interesting if there's a photo mode where you can look at exactly where the web is fixed. Well, mildly interesting. Actually, not interesting. No-one cares. I'll get my coat...

I think they have the movement and trajectory down as accurately as they need it to be playable in the game, and the web is purely cosmetic. So sometimes the two might not match. That's how I would do it anyway. Ultimately the swinging needs to be accurate enough for it not to get frustrating during traversal. Then after that, nobody cares what the web is attached to, cause no one ever cared enough in all the spidermen comics/movies/cartoons/games.

Ahhh! He shoots his web to the right and then swings to the left! What's he using to change his trajectory against gravity? Massive farts??

He still has the speed of his fall, so he can change his direction by moving his body in the right position.

Last edited:

• Hint about playing as Peter Parker not only Spiderman.
  • More villain than Fisk and Mr Negative.
  • The demo is early in the game.
  • All the map is accessible from the beginning.
  • Peter Parker will create some gadget useful during the game. I think the creativity of Insomniac for weapon will be at work :)
  • Miles Morales will play an important role into the game.
  • The game has it own Spiderman universe it is not tied to a comics or movie.

Saw the gamersyde footage of the demo and gang thats flawless IQ !
Going by Horizon's base PS4 performance and RnC , insomniac's own, on base ps4, I am pretty sure now this will look clean and CG like on the base ps4 too :D !

Also interview:

playstation title I'm most looking forward to seeing.
this is the game I liked the most in Sony's conference, I think I have a friend or two who wouldn't mind to get a PS4 just for this game --they are PC gamers.

Back