The Incredibles

A very good flick, IMHO. ;)

In case you missed it in the theatres (shrugging it off as 'another kiddie flick'), you should give it a rental.

Joe DeFuria said:
A very good flick, IMHO. ;)

In case you missed it in the theatres (shrugging it off as 'another kiddie flick'), you should give it a rental.

Definately a fantastic movie!!! Everyone should go to the movies or buy Pixar DVDs, they have to be supported cause they make the best movies. Not like they're in any trouble with regards to support or finances, mind you :D

Well, I loved it. Works on various levels. The kiddies will love it, of course, but its really just as much a "mid-life crisis" movie for adults (both men and women), and a darn fine action flick, and a decent comedy.

Sumtin' for everybody.

jvd said:
you watch jack jacks attack ? Its really cute and fits in really good with the movie

I was just checking out the DVD playback on my new laptop and put Jack Jack Attack on - funnier than most of the movie IMO!!

jvd said:
you watch jack jacks attack ? Its really cute and fits in really good with the movie

Yeah, I did...I thought it was good too.

I also thought "Boundin" (the short that preceeded the movie in the theatre...it's on the second DVD) was really good too. Many disagree with me on that though.

I thought the animation in the movie itself was really fantastic for the most part. There were only one or two places where I thought something looked really out of place as far as the animation goes.

The best part of the movie for me was the so-called "100 mile dash". (Dash running from the bad-guys in the jungle).

I could not help but put myself in his place and put a big smile on my face when he was "discovering" what real abilities he had. Tremendous!

Yea i lvoe when he stops running on the water and falls through and has that face on like ... oh yea if i stop i will sink haha reminds me of flash comics

The kid was over rated, I liked Mr Incredible, and the general wackyness of the characters. I also like how the super hero's were sneaking out at night to do super hero work without the government knowing. That whole story was well done, I like how it was pulled off. It had depth without explanation.

I thought it was enjoyable but not that amazing - there have been far, far better films made recently. Yes, it works at different levels, but the humour is rather obvious and it's a little cloyying and sentimental. Good entertainment but ultimately forgettable.

Squeak said:
Like what?
Well, it's all personal preference, but films I have seen recently (not necessarily released recently, though) I enjoyed more include:

Amores Perros
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Requiem For A Dream
Closer
21 Grams
Collateral
Adaptation
Donnie Darko
Spirited Away
Abre los Ojos
and many others

All those film are either pretty serious in tone, artsy or both. You can’t compare those to a comedy, and say they are better for that, unless of course if you consider comedy an inherently inferior genre, in which case you are completely mistaken.

Hell, I was a huge Fantastic Four fan, lacking only issues 1-3 and 6, and while the Incredibles were a blatant FF rip-off I still loved it.

Squeak said:
All those film are either pretty serious in tone, artsy or both. You can’t compare those to a comedy, and say they are better for that, unless of course if you consider comedy an inherently inferior genre, in which case you are completely mistaken.

I'm not comparing them, I'm saying I prefered them. Just because two things are exactly of the same type doesn't mean you can't say you like one better. For instance, I might like 'UT2004' more than 'Need For Speed Underground'. A perfectly valid and logical statement (which doesn't automatically imply I dislike the racing genre, either).

For the record there are lots of comedy films I like, and many of them I prefered to 'The Incredibles'. For example, all the Monty Python films. As I say 'The Incredibles' is a good film, but it's hardly the pinnacle of modern cinema. In my opinion there are better animated films, funnier films and films that have more emotional resonance (and, yes, cartoons can be funny and have emotional resonance - see 'Spirited Away' or 'Triplettes de Belleville').

Diplo said:
or the record there are lots of comedy films I like, and many of them I prefered to 'The Incredibles'. For example, all the Monty Python films

:oops:

I'd *really* appreciate it if someone could explain to me why MP are still regarded as even remotely amusing. I mean, yeah, in their day they were gusset-splittingly amusing (maybe)... that was thirty (thirty) years ago. Time moves on, funniness moves on even faster. Even 90's funnies aren't funny any more. MP? err... erm....

Back