The Elder Scrolls VI

Pete Hines more or less confirms TESVI is at least beyond pre-production:

There's probably more people working on it than they'll say, but want to keep all the talk/attention on Starfield for now, pretty understandably.

As much as I'm hyped for Starfield, TESVI is what I'm really most excited for. Not necessarily because of any sci fi versus fantasy preference or anything, I'm actually a big sci fi fan, but mainly because I enjoy the feeling of being on a big, cohesive map. I also think there's just more variety possible for playstyles when guns dont exist.

Only five years to go! :runaway:
Wont seem so long. Avowed is 2024 and then we have fable which is likely 2025 and then possibly outer worlds in 2026. So we have announced rpg's from ms for the next few years. We will also get more dlc for all those games too each year

As much as I'm hyped for Starfield, TESVI is what I'm really most excited for. Not necessarily because of any sci fi versus fantasy preference or anything, I'm actually a big sci fi fan, but mainly because I enjoy the feeling of being on a big, cohesive map.
So seems I was probably right about this one. From the Gamespot review for Starfield:

"Impressively massive metropolises like New Atlantis or dense and interesting cities like Neon are peppered throughout the journey, but unlike in the Elder Scrolls or Fallout games, there isn't a build-up to discovering them. This is due in part to the absence of a larger overworld that can be used to pique interest and stoke curiosity, leading players to have that moment of unveiling new locations. Instead, it's the menus that funnel players directly into these locations, eliminating the sense of awe and wonder that comes from stumbling upon them."

Pretty much what I expected. A large, cohesive map is just better for sense of exploration than what's basically just fast-traveling from location to location. One of the things I love about Bethesda's RPGs is just wandering around on foot, soaking in the atmosphere and stumbling upon neat little bits of content and worldbuilding. Starfield was always gonna struggle to provide this same sort of experience.

Back