The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Jupiter, Mar 8, 2018.

1. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

my immersion broke down in the first mission

watch from 59 minutes.

the game objective changes fromo GO TO ROOF to MASSACRE THEM ALL for no reason.

the original objective, combined with level design, made me think i can stealth my way. But then the door wont open, and the objective change for no reason.

2. N00b

Regular

The Hyenas shot first!

Seriously, I think you referring to the events unfolding at about 35:50. The objective did not change for no reason. Hyenas noticed you coming and sent men to kill your JTF party. You can hear their radio transmission where their leader, Coyote, says: "Then kill them. What the fuck?".

No offense, but your argument is a little far fetched. It's like going to a redneck BBQ and expecting everyone to eat tofu and grilled vegetables, or winning a Mortal Combat tournament through diplomacy. The Division series is a Run-Gun-Cover-Shooter-Looter.

3. Malo

Malo YakTribe.games
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

There is no stealthing through missions in The Division, it's just not that kind of game.

4. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

I played the closed alpha and closed beta for 33 hours (I don't know any beta that was so extensive). Most of the time I was in the Dark Zone which I think they should make harder, more dangerous and less casual. But maybe I'm wrong. Finally, there are three different dark zones this time. These may have different rules. Maybe there will be a casual Dark Zone and core gamer Dark Zone? I didn't like PvP in The Division 1 and advocate the normalization of equipment in The Division 2 but the feeling of danger was stronger in the first game.

I didn't test the end game much because I wanted to be surprised. But the fights seemed very tactical and the character much stronger.

#24 Jupiter, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Sorry linked wrong video

Watch the minute 59.

I don't understand the analogy / comparison but as you can see on the video, the level / encounter was stealth able

* enemy starts as not alerted
    * multiple levels to be used for stealth
    * objective (door) reachable thru stealth. But it suddenly changes from go to roof = massacre them all.

Destiny 1 and 2 with their Uber-canned / funneled encounter have much more freedom than division 2.

If I remember correctly, division 1 actually allows stealth. For example when on that mission where you kill a sniper boss on areas with overpass, or when you go invade some kind of derelict train station.

@Malo
    That's a shame

6. N00b

Regular

Exactly, but I wish there were some (light) stealth elements. At least killing an enemy stealthily without notifying other enemies would be nice.
    I see what you mean and it's certainly not good level design. I played this mission and simply dispatched all enemies before reaching the door, so I never got into the same situation. I don't remember if The Division 1 allowed you to stealth some mission or parts of a mission, but that may be due to the reason that I didn't try using stealth so much in the first place.

Anyway I would like a bit more freedom with the missions as well, maybe some branching or some hidden shortcuts to allow different approaches. It's pretty streamlined as it is right now.
    I was really surprised that everybody was so strangely cooperative in the dark zone.

I think one reasons was that rouge mechanics were not really working some of the time. I hacked a SDH network terminal one time, went rouge and immediately went back to normal with a "rouge protocol not available" message. Another reason may have been that there was sooo much good normal, uncontaminated, loot in the dark zone, there was no reason to go rouge in order to get loot. I'm sure that will change with release.

Or maybe sunny Washington DC makes people less aggressive than gloomy, wintery NYC.