The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Jupiter, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

At the moment I dont participate in a Clan and therefore I would like join (sended a fried request). Dont wonder why I am using a female character. I played the first game for ca. 800 hours as a male character and this time I just wanted to try something new.

Malo likes this.
  2. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

My wife is very happy. She found a pink spray and was able to make her Rifle pink.

Jupiter, Silent_Buddha and Lightman like this.
  3. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

To be killed by other players with pink weapons, clothing and a crazy style is often one of the greatest humiliations in PvP.

4. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

I suck at PVP in this one, I can't kill people at all even when I get the jump on them. Seems like they're headshotting me good and I'm not headshotting them back. This is in a normalized PVP zone, so I'm pretty surprised.

5. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...the-division-2s-raid-on-console/#2deef73a3a59

Two Days, No Clears: Something Has To Be Done About The Division 2’s Raid On Console

It’s not that the raid is too hard. It’s that the raid is too hard on console. I can’t remember seeing a divide this stark between content on PC and console, but that’s precisely what’s unfolding here. The Division 2’s raid is very tough on PC, and has only been cleared by a handful of teams compared to the larger player population. The world’s first clear, before any of the mechanics were known, was five hours. Long, but not unreasonable, and now we have PC teams speedrunning the thing in thirty minutes now that they’ve figured out optimal strategies.

And yet console players simply don’t have a prayer. I’m seeing horror stories of teams being stuck on the first boss for 10 hours. Teams making it to the final boss but giving up after 11 hours. No matter how much coordination there is, no matter how min-maxed these players are, it’s very clear that this was a raid designed on PC and tested on PC and it simply does not work as a viable endgame activity on console.

Again, one of the problems here is that nothing is going to change unless Massive changes it. High-end console players now have builds that pretty much cannot get any better. All the optimal strategies for every encounter are well-known. But with the cap stuck at 500, even given a few more weeks, no one is going to overlevel for it to make it easier like we see with Destiny raids. And so yes, it does seem like Massive has to nerf the raid to some extent on console.

Jupiter likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Interesting subject. Personally I would not assume that the PC version was made simpler. The higher frame rate and the differences in aiming alone make a significant difference.

Rootax likes this.
  7. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Just mouse and keyboard alone would make for a massive world of difference in difficulty. Even with aim assist, higher skilled players on PC will be able to react (turning and aiming) far faster than the best console players using a controller. Higher framerates just makes it even easier for PC players.

Basically to even things out, they need to go in and make the raids easier on console versus attempting to keep the difficulty the same. The hard part is attempting to make the console difficulty match the feel of the PC difficulty.

That's something hard to do. Usually games are tuned for console difficulty levels and thus feel extremely easy on PC. I find it interesting that this time difficulty was turned to PC difficulty levels.

Although if M&KB becomes more prevalent on console, the more correct terminology would be M&KB difficulty versus console controller difficulty.

Regards,
    SB