The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Jupiter, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

[​IMG]

Ubisoft officially announces The Division 2:

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/ubisoft-officially-announces-division-2/

The Division 2 has been in development for over two years, and will be shown at E3:
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/tom-clancys-the-division-2/the-division-2-confirmed

Source:

#1 Jupiter, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    orangpelupa, iroboto and Malo like this.
  2. Malo

Malo YakTribe.games
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

oh wow, this should be great. I was going to get back into The Division as soon as I got a new GPU, which never happened.

3. ToTTenTranz

That was both funny and sad.

The PC gaming hardware market sucks right now. We're taking hits from almost everywhere: RAM, storage, GPUs...

Lightman, Silent_Buddha and Malo like this.
  4. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

One could not have guessed that the GPU prices would rise like this. The GTX 1070 tripled in price.

5. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Lightman likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Washington D.C as location?
    [​IMG]
    Three characters (instead of four) and one has a crossbow and the other a grenade launcher.

#6 Jupiter, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  7. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

CGI trailer

#7 Jupiter, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Lightman and Malo like this.
  8. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

9. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

If you want to play the closed beta.
    https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/de-de/beta

Why are there today so many new videos from games that will be released soon? Anthem, Days Gone, Mortal Kombat XI and now The Division 2? For weeks there was almost nothing going on and now all of a sudden several titles in one day with new material.

#9 Jupiter, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  10. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

11. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Will pass buying The Division 2 due to being burnt so much with The Division. Also no local servers even though Ubisoft had promised that they would drop local servers in South Africa(almost three years ago) after many petitions were signed(done) by players.

No local servers for any of the Ubisoft game, even Rainbow 6 Siege. F*you Ubisoft.

12. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

anyone in the beta will be able to invite others into the beta.

if any of you got in into the beta, I BEG YOU! INVITE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

13. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

For giving you BETA access I need to have you on my friend list on Uplay. It's possible to share the beta with three friends on Uplay. I still have three invitations left.

#13 Jupiter, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

turns out im already in the beta. 8hours left until the start

15. N00b

Regular

Does anybody have any spare invites left?

The Division was really my favorite game at the time. I sank 185h into it, which quite a lot for me.

I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games but I really liked the mix of PvE and PvP. I used to roam the dark zone alone for hours, randomly helping people or get shot by rouge agents. I had pretty good gear, too, util they started changing the endgame so much. That made playing solo much more difficult.

The only downside for me was that managing your gear was getting pretty tedious in the end. As a solo player in the dark zone your gear had to be pretty perfect unless you wanted to end up as canon fodder for other players.

Anyway, if anyone got an invite left, I would appreciate a pm. Thanks!

16. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

Yes, but I need you on my Uplay friendlist to give you access (sharing works over the friendlist).

17. N00b

Regular

Thank you! I've PMed you my username.

18. Malo

Malo YakTribe.games

So I get an invite to Beta late on the 9th that runs from 7-10th... Yeah thanks Ubi...

19. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

I disabled almost everything in the HUD. I can even move and enlarge the HUD elements as I like. Put everything somewhere in a corner and make it small. Amost all of these ingame messages can be deactivated. But these players who are calling for help must unfortunately be deactivated each start somewhere in the map.

As far as the atmosphere is concerned it is best in the Dark Zone. By the way, The Division 2s Dark Zone PvP is more interesting for me since it has normalized equipment. Therefore all players are basically equal.

The side missions are almost like the main missions. Only a little shorter but made similar with a special environment etc.. In the previous game the side missions were much worse than the main missions.

I like it very much and there is still a lot to learn. It's very different from the first game.

Some screenshots I just took (not highest settings).
    The Division 2 (1).jpg The Division 2 (2).jpg The Division 2 (3).jpg The Division (4).jpg The Division (5).jpg

Graphics are very good and the changing time of day and weather make it more exciting.

#19 Jupiter, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  20. N00b

Regular

Over the weekend I have sunk about 12h into the private beta. What really amazes me The Division (1 & 2) is this amazing level of detail they put into their world. I can freeroam for hours and always discover something new. There are so many hidden places, back yards, abandoned buildings, basements, parking garages, etc and they all look credible and sometimes they tell little stories if you care to look.

Gameplay-wise TD2 seems to be more evolution than revolution. Core gameplay stays more or less the same. I think there are a bit more MMO elements. Can't really say if this is a good or bad thing, probably depends on the eye of the beholder. I had hoped for a some new core gameplay mechanics, like a little stealth, but maybe we have to wait for TD3 for that.

All in all it's a very pretty, very entertaining game. I liked it enough to preorder it, because Uplay store (currently?) has a 20% discount for 100 U coins.

For anyone who hasn't played The Division (1) yet, it's currently 90% off on Uplay and Steam. For that money it's really great value, even if you spend just a few hours and it still looks great.

Lightman and Malo like this.