The Division 2

my immersion broke down in the first mission

watch from 59 minutes.

the game objective changes fromo GO TO ROOF to MASSACRE THEM ALL for no reason.

the original objective, combined with level design, made me think i can stealth my way. But then the door wont open, and the objective change for no reason.

the original objective, combined with level design, made me think i can stealth my way. But then the door wont open, and the objective change for no reason.
The Hyenas shot first!

Seriously, I think you referring to the events unfolding at about 35:50. The objective did not change for no reason. Hyenas noticed you coming and sent men to kill your JTF party. You can hear their radio transmission where their leader, Coyote, says: "Then kill them. What the fuck?".

No offense, but your argument is a little far fetched. It's like going to a redneck BBQ and expecting everyone to eat tofu and grilled vegetables, or winning a Mortal Combat tournament through diplomacy. The Division series is a Run-Gun-Cover-Shooter-Looter.

There is no stealthing through missions in The Division, it's just not that kind of game.

I played the closed alpha and closed beta for 33 hours (I don't know any beta that was so extensive). Most of the time I was in the Dark Zone which I think they should make harder, more dangerous and less casual. But maybe I'm wrong. Finally, there are three different dark zones this time. These may have different rules. Maybe there will be a casual Dark Zone and core gamer Dark Zone? I didn't like PvP in The Division 1 and advocate the normalization of equipment in The Division 2 but the feeling of danger was stronger in the first game.

I didn't test the end game much because I wanted to be surprised. But the fights seemed very tactical and the character much stronger.

Last edited:
The Hyenas shot first!

Seriously, I think you referring to the events unfolding at about 35:50. The objective did not change for no reason. Hyenas noticed you coming and sent men to kill your JTF party. You can hear their radio transmission where their leader, Coyote, says: "Then kill them. What the fuck?".

Sorry linked wrong video

Watch the minute 59.

No offense, but your argument is a little far fetched. It's like going to a redneck BBQ and expecting everyone to eat tofu and grilled vegetables, or winning a Mortal Combat tournament through diplomacy. The Division series is a Run-Gun-Cover-Shooter-Looter.

I don't understand the analogy / comparison but as you can see on the video, the level / encounter was stealth able

* enemy starts as not alerted
* multiple levels to be used for stealth
* objective (door) reachable thru stealth. But it suddenly changes from go to roof = massacre them all.

Destiny 1 and 2 with their Uber-canned / funneled encounter have much more freedom than division 2.

If I remember correctly, division 1 actually allows stealth. For example when on that mission where you kill a sniper boss on areas with overpass, or when you go invade some kind of derelict train station.

@Malo
That's a shame

There is no stealthing through missions in The Division, it's just not that kind of game.
Exactly, but I wish there were some (light) stealth elements. At least killing an enemy stealthily without notifying other enemies would be nice.
I don't understand the analogy / comparison but as you can see on the video, the level / encounter was stealth able
I see what you mean and it's certainly not good level design. I played this mission and simply dispatched all enemies before reaching the door, so I never got into the same situation. I don't remember if The Division 1 allowed you to stealth some mission or parts of a mission, but that may be due to the reason that I didn't try using stealth so much in the first place.

Anyway I would like a bit more freedom with the missions as well, maybe some branching or some hidden shortcuts to allow different approaches. It's pretty streamlined as it is right now.
Most of the time I was in the Dark Zone which I think they should make harder, more dangerous and less casual.
I was really surprised that everybody was so strangely cooperative in the dark zone.

I think one reasons was that rouge mechanics were not really working some of the time. I hacked a SDH network terminal one time, went rouge and immediately went back to normal with a "rouge protocol not available" message. Another reason may have been that there was sooo much good normal, uncontaminated, loot in the dark zone, there was no reason to go rouge in order to get loot. I'm sure that will change with release.

Or maybe sunny Washington DC makes people less aggressive than gloomy, wintery NYC.

Year one content looks promising. Hoping for an machinegun specialization. The Division 1 is the most comprehensive game I know besides GTA Online. Ubisoft games also usually get new content for a longer period of time. Wildlands, Reinbox Six Siege and For Honor still getting new content. These games can be played for years. But Ubisoft is not alone. In the Battlefield and Battlefront games there was also a lot of added content.

EDIT:

Dark Zone Trailer

Last edited:
Played closed beta and now open beta. Certainly enjoying Division 2 more than Anthem so very likely this will be my choice of online looter shooter. It's just a great combat mechanic and loot/crafting formula they have. And of course with Snowdrop and the massive amount of detail they put into it, the game is just gorgeous again.

Whether you like The Division gameplay depends very much on your taste. For a cover shooter it's a very good game and I like the tactical components of it. I looked forward to Anthem but I was bothered by the many loading times, the many trivial NPC dialogs and the environment that looked the same everywhere. Anthem probably gets better with every patch and so I'm gonna wait until I will check it next time.

One reason why I like The Division (1&2) is the attention to detail. In The Division 2 friendly NPCs apparently really follow a schedule, i.e. when they announce that they gather food they really gather food. PC Gamer has a nice article about it with some animated Gifs.

I have played the open BETA and soloed the endgame mission, Invaded. It was really hard, took me hours to finish. Maybe I'm getting old. I have the impression that the final game will turn out very nice.

This game is outstanding and it seems to do everything right from the start. Atmospherically it is also first class.

Graphics guide.

Last edited:
Here's a slightly OT question, is my internet download speed 6.1 mbps, upload speed 0.82 mbps and 33 ms latency good enough for an online game like this? Or is it more dependent on the game server's stability? Also this is only for the campaign.

Here's a slightly OT question, is my internet download speed 6.1 mbps, upload speed 0.82 mbps and 33 ms latency good enough for an online game like this? Or is it more dependent on the game server's stability? Also this is only for the campaign.
Yes you'll be fine. Bandwidth isn't a huge requirement, latency is the biggest killer.

Wife and I bought today and spent 7 hours in it already. One issue that many are having is an infrequent sudden hitching where it looks like you're suddenly reduced to 2fps for 1-2 seconds. Wife and I both have it and neither of us had this issue in closed and open beta.

Yes you'll be fine. Bandwidth isn't a huge requirement, latency is the biggest killer.

Wife and I bought today and spent 7 hours in it already. One issue that many are having is an infrequent sudden hitching where it looks like you're suddenly reduced to 2fps for 1-2 seconds. Wife and I both have it and neither of us had this issue in closed and open beta.
Thanks, I think I'm gonna have to end up upgrading the net anyway due to more sharing in the house and other frequent downloads. But yeah I hate intermittent hitches like those in online only games, could be a mood killer for me.

if i remember correctly, The Division 1 use abnormally high upload bandwidth. Destiny 1 too (can spikes to more than 1mbps). Dunno how is it with TD2.

I've played 3 hours yeterday, just the first main mission and 2 side missions.
Game runs like a dream on my Vega 7 and TR1920X. No hiccups or stutters. I have Virgin 400/22 Mbps connection though, so not sure if that helps.

Must say, game looks really great! I love how much time of day and weather changes game play as well!

Shame I will not have much time to sink more into it for few weeks ...

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: Behind the Scenes | The Sound of The Division 2 | Ubisoft [NA]:

They also went to Chernobyl to create the Dark Zone. In my opinion this video is really interesting.

My wife and I made our own Clan if anyone wants to join just to get the bonus xp and progression stuff, or of course team up when we're online :)

Malogeek in uPlay

Back