The Console Industry in China *spawn*

How long has China been a part of the West?

Depends on your map, the US centric maps put China in the west. ;)

Although I think he meant visiting or expats

52144f9fcc74068259c3d3de4571428f.jpg

I've not been for work but China I believe is up there with a few other countries our company enforces a rule that you go in with factory defaults on, so new loan phone factory reset, new loan laptop with fresh work image, not even sure email is setup locally you may need to use web access. Data does not enter the country via physical access on an individual.

Depends on your map, the US centric maps put China in the west. ;)

East and West are relative to the Prime Meridian - 0 degrees longitude. I am aware of some maps which reinforce the notion that America is at the centre of everything and strongly disapprove :smile:

So Europe is the East.

In geographical terms a lot of it is, yes. But the common nomenclature is a reference to culture where west is democracy, unicorns and rainbows and east is everybody mean who don't play nice with others.

Western in the context of China is about cultural, not geographical distinctions.

Western culture rebelled against tyranny. There doesn't appear to be such a tradition in China the way they've whitewashed Tiennamen Square massacre from their history and other events not convenient to the regime.

Western culture rebelled against tyranny. There doesn't appear to be such a tradition in China the way they've whitewashed Tiennamen Square massacre from their history and other events not convenient to the regime.

There have been loads of rebellions in China throughout history. The Chinese government carries out censorship and is not a democracy, is this some kinds of news to you?

You want to take a risk of using a VPN in a country where 'legal rights' exist only a principle and aren't enshrined in law and where you can be imprisoned without charge indefinitely? Sure. You go right ahead. :nope:

If you are a foreign citizen you can be imprisoned quite easily in a lot of countries.

First offence is generally confiscation of said media/device. Second offence is prison. You get a second chance because you're a foreigner. Chinese nationals do not enjoy that learning experience.

They never confiscated my or my wife's media (that is not sold in China). What media do you think customs would confiscate (other than I stated before)?

They never confiscated my or my wife's media (that is not sold in China). What media do you think customs would confiscate (other than I stated before)?

Have you or your wife every been found in possession of culturally prohibited material upon entering China? It doesn't have to be media that is not sold in China, plenty of media not sold in China is not culturally prohibited - wco81 brought that up, not me.

Indeed have you ever been searched for such material? I.e. not a routine customs check, a check for content.

Have you or your wife every been found in possession of culturally prohibited material upon entering China? It doesn't have to be media that is not sold in China, plenty of media not sold in China is not culturally prohibited - wco81 brought that up, not me.

Indeed have you ever been searched for such material? I.e. not a routine customs check, a check for content.

All he has to do is fly into China wearing his "I Heart Dalai Lama" tee and he'll probably get hit with every check in the book by the Chinese authorities.

Good point on pointing out if MS is flexible in their businesses approach to their China-Xbox strategy they could overcome the barriers I mentioned

And so now that the Chinese conference has happened has there been any mention of F2P and some of the popular Chinese games coming to Scorpio?

Also is there once again the chinese business partnership that could force MS to raise the price of the hardware? They had to do this to enter the Chinese market for the regular Xbox One, if its still in place their partner is going to want a cut of the profit. MS will have to eat more of the profit or sell the console at a higher price if that is the case, in the case of standard Xbox One MS chose to not eat the price which is why it launched at a fairly high price compared to other markets.

I'm just saying lets be realists.

Back