The Annual E3 EA press conference thread, 2018 edition

I feel like BF1's MP looks better with more stuffs going on and better lighting too. The snowy tundra looks kinda flat and low poly.

Interesting to see how people react differently to what little was shown for Anthem.

I'm actually more interested in it now than I was last year. Enough that while I still don't think I'll be installing Origin on my system, I'm actually considering it for the first time, ever. Still need to see more of the gameplay loop though.

I watched the stream with the itmeJP crew, and their reaction and the reaction of most of the thousands watching that stream were the same. A lot more hype for this game after the EA conference this year than last year.

Also, I imagine it'd be radically harder to balance this for PVP than Destiny. Destiny the classes are very similar in the grand scheme of things. They each have their flavor but their class abilities don't drastically change how the archtypes perform.

That isn't to say they don't change how each character plays, but the differences aren't as drastic as a true class based system which is what it looks like Anthem is going for. IE - one class doesn't have the ability to completely counter another class.

For example, the Juggernaut is significantly different from the Ranger. One is meant to soak up and prevent a lot of damage while the other is meant to stay behind the Juggernaut and take out high value single targets.

If they did PvP, they'd have to do team based PVP. Think Overwatch. Classes complement each other and one archtype may completely counter another archtype.

Regards,
SB
we can play together buddy , I think I will pick up Athem at this point , it looks fun

Given a lack of interest, I suggest conferences that are concluded and not generating discussion get dropped from the stickies.

Back