The AMD Execution Thread [2007 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPUOpen seems so good in concept, hopefully the implementation is just as good :yep2:

Last edited:
well if a company is pretty much not making much profits, then when the entire market gets hit that company will end up going into the red, like wise a company that is in the black will stay in the black, just not as much in the black.

well if a company is pretty much not making much profits, then when the entire market gets hit that company will end up going into the red, like wise a company that is in the black will stay in the black, just not as much in the black.
Okay I get it, just the way you said it was very strange :)

Q1'16 report

Few brief points:

1. Flat debt level from the last quarter.
2. Lower revenues.
3. Higher expenses.
4. Fresh cash flow expected from a deal with the Chinese Government.

According to Lisa Su, AMD is expecting an extra $1.5B revenue in Q2 2016, most of it coming not from one, not from two, but from three new gaming-related SoCs.

So PS4 Neo, XBox 1.5 and Nintendo NX all starting full production in Q2 2016.

According to Lisa Su, AMD is expecting an extra $1.5B revenue in Q2 2016, most of it coming not from one, not from two, but from three new gaming-related SoCs.

So PS4 Neo, XBox 1.5 and Nintendo NX all starting full production in Q2 2016.
What I wasn't clear about was if NX home and portable counted as one or two of the 3 gaming socs.

Edit

To be clear, I assume it's the three usual suspects all getting chips, bit that would be four design wins surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back