Test Drive Unlimited

Lysander said:
Same lotus trailer, slightly sharper, there is lots of shadows and reflections going on those cars!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz_1hbU1oVY

Wow, this might be the first game to capture my interest in a Xb360... if it's 60 fps and the simulation aspect doesn't come to short (close enough to a mix between GT and the original NFS would be awesome).... :oops:

I spent an evening playing thru racing games. I'm a fan of sims like Gran Turismo, and I really like Forsza. I thought Outrun 2006 sucked, and I didn't like the fake Ridge Racer 6 demo at all. Burnout Revenge is kinda neat but very easy IMO. I am not a fan whatsoever of the ghetto rap racer NFS games. NFS4 was the end of that series for me.

Then I downloaded Test Drive U and I really think it's a sweet concept. Cool cars, drive around in city. I absolutely love being able to look around inside the car and see yourself shifting/driving, and roll the windows down lol! The demo has me wanting more for sure. My friends were entertained watching me play it too lol.

It never crashed or showed any bugs at all for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a short video I made of me being insane around the streets. Watch near the end for a hilarious impact with an SUV and then some insane sable? driver try to get out of my way but just make it way worse on him.

I got it up on my streaming server so you'll need quicktime 7 installed. It should stream soon after you click it (depending on your connection). This could be a really fun game :)

Click the picture to start the stream:

Since its a real stream you can skip to any part of the video you like.

If anyone has a request for some video from a 360 demo thats on the market place or something let me know.

Great

Graham said:
There are some quite nice videos of this game on you tube it seems.

Although the quality is bad I quite liked this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Zz45kslxM&search=test drive unlimited

And then you get to see what sort of people you may meet online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f86SVRqqW3k&search=test drive unlimited
:devilish: :p

also this one makes me hope they include 4x4s.

Thank you for this link my friend. I feel this is best next-gen graphics for racing game I have seen. I feel this is much better than real in-game PGR3 (not garage viewing). If this is also 60fps then is very amazing for me.

yep considering that ths is a MMOR, it looks great to me.

Obviously not up to par with the 'PC' boys' standards, but fine for a console. ;)

I don't think the PC has racers that can touch what are on consoles. There are some good ones, but they are usually on console too. TD:U is coming to PC though I believe.

Man played through the demp again tonight.... wow this game is going to be sweet.

Graphics are under appreciated and the world is vast.

the driving is cool and the in car view is awesome.

Not to mention the cops and meeting up with other players in the game world (MMOR) for a quick race. :p

This game looks like the next true need foor speed (when NFS used to be good). Just watched the .mov file of the lambo and it looks suprisingly good and fun!

It seems to have flown under the radar somewhat, but Atari announced that TDU is going to be the second (??) xbox 360 game to launch at US $40, instead of $60. This is a very good thing, the idea for atari being to try and drive sales of the game as much as possible (as they are in rather significant debt at the moment).
They do plan to be offering paid downloable content within one and a half months after release. Including new cars, and radio stations with 10-20 songs each (?! the game has radio - this was new to me ?!)

Dot50Cal, that video is very very nice. Makes me definitly want to get my hands on this game more.

I just wish they would fix those damned backwards car reflections. I can't help notice them (they also occur in recently released official videos).
And, although I know it's a pipe-dream, I wish they would let the player mirror the cars/roads allowing you to drive on the left. Sure it's not 'realistic' but don't forget half the world would appreciate it. I wouldn't care if the dash wasn't readable, as long as you could do it.

I hope there are alfa's too.

It will also be interesting to see how the PC / PS2 versions of this game turn out.

Graham said:
Dot50Cal, that video is very very nice. Makes me definitly want to get my hands on this game more.

Aye, thanks :) Glad someone liked it. I suppose Ill get a better response once my HD capture setup arrives XD

ANOTHER (2nd) TDU demo up on XBL right now :smile:

downloading as we speak to see what difference there is.

some new things

Other enhancements include tighter handling, snappy gear changes, customizable speed blur effects, optional in-car camera vibrations, improved lag allowing eight player online races, fully operational vsync, an incredible level of overall graphical polish, and much more.

Going with the motorbike along a fully populated street at full speed is insane! Does anyone know how to do a wheely?
The game doesn't look great (the graphics are slightly improved from the E3 demo but still very much non-spectalar but functional). Nevertheless I like the general idea of it...

this game is really well done... and it's huge

vsync enabled, tighter controls.. graphics look improved as well

This is actually a blast to play. My favourite thing to do is take a motorcycle, go around and terrorize the much slower cars, it's hilarious I think some of these guys are getting pissed off at me :devilish:

Pushing forward while braking lets you pop the tail up.. Is it just me or is the motorbike really hard to control at speed?

Horrar!

reviews are starting filter in...
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/928101.asp

X360 Magazine UK 9 out of 10
Games Master UK 88 out of 100

The magazines have review averages of 6.5 and 7.2 respectively, so the game is definitely above average. :p

Only 2, but thats a good average so far :)

Back