Test Drive Unlimited

The game isn't soo bad, cool concept, it was cool viewing the map and just seeing how massive the island truly was, GFX were not stunning but they were pretty nice, if only it didn't crash so often I would've put in a few hours.

I can't imagine they would release this game as buggy as it is guys - lets wait to pass judgement when it's finished.

Personally speaking, I think it rocks.

Never had it crash on me. Driving is fluid, and sense of speed is great. On the whole I'm impressed.

TheChefO said:
I can't imagine they would release this game as buggy as it is guys - lets wait to pass judgement when it's finished.
We are passing judgment on what we have played. Obviously the finished product will deserve it's own judgement when it comes out, but considering how many people don't notice the problems with the demo it is hard to say how much they will bother to fix those issues.

There seemed to be a building "pass" sentiment based on the demo not the typical "wait and see" attitude one would expect from a game at this stage.

I would hope they address the issues some have brought up but most important to me, I hope the handling is perfected.

Well at least for me, the demo makes me think it will be a "pass" as I don't tend to expect much from people who would release a demo in that condition. Bbut of course we will all have to "wait and see" before we judge the final product.

kyleb said:
Well at least for me, the demo makes me think it will be a "pass" as I don't tend to expect much from people who would release a demo in that condition. Bbut of course we will all have to "wait and see" before we judge the final product.

I thought there was a reputable developer behind TDU? Regardless I hope they don't screw it up as it would truly be a shame with how much work they put into the island/cars. Plus the concept of traffic racing is more my style than pgr closed circuits.

One of the racers I am looking forward most to play.... Just fix some of the technical issues and it will rock.. And yes the game is developed by an experienced team, the guys who made the V-Rally games.

Shompola said:
One of the racers I am looking forward most to play.... Just fix some of the technical issues and it will rock.. And yes the game is developed by an experienced team, the guys who made the V-Rally games.

They also were the dev behind NFS: porsche 2000, which in my opinion is the best game of the NFS series.

environments are creamy but buildings should be facelifted (ingame v real)
td26gs.jpg

td17gv.jpg

Same lotus trailer, slightly sharper, there is lots of shadows and reflections going on those cars!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz_1hbU1oVY

Man, those screens just show how terrible these graphics are.

They're doing per-vertex environment mapping there! Yay for a technique first put in hardware on the Rage128. Pretty crappy car models too. No self shadowing. Ugh.

You know, for always talking about how little programmers are doing, I'd like to see your masterpiece game and nitpick it apart.

The new screens look incredible imo, btw. The Lotus trailer is jaw dropping. Hope it's not the PC version..

Last edited by a moderator:
sonyps35 said:
You know, for always talking about how little programmers are doing, I'd like to see your masterpiece game and nitpick it apart.

The new screens look incredible imo, btw. The Lotus trailer is jaw dropping. Hope it's not the PC version..

personal attacks aren't necessary. is the demo based on the most recent code? maybe the final game will look as good as the videos, and the demo is downgraded (I don't have 360 unfortunately, so I haven't played this).

PGR3 is notably lower res. But yeah the graphic aren't that impressive in general, I can live with that fine though as long as the game runs a lot better than the demo.

The car models are PGR3 level but there is much more background draw distance in this game.

Definitly looks incredible.

The guys at Eden are trying to deliver a great game experience.
Personally, their games never dissapointed me so far, from a technical or game design standpoint.
sonyps35 said:
That's uncalled for.

Back