Swearing on assignments

K.I.L.E.R,

If I wanted to get that point across (in an assignment) I would change it to :

Code:
//purposely left as 'float' to emulate the crummy IA-32 architecture.

No need to swear in an assignment (it's really juvenile-looking to do so).

I only ever use coarse language in assessable work when it forms an important part of a relevant quote. Mind you I'm a politics/media major so I'm spending 3 years practicing the art of brutally offending people without stooping to such bluntness.
Why do people think I have a bad sense of humour?
People are remarkably observant Kruno. You need to read up on subtlety.
You can be funny without resorting to vulgarity.
Far funnier, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not funny and it's unprofessional, and if your teacher doesn't fail you she's a big fat menstruating crack whore.

In a professional environment (which you should be working towards at uni) you should never add personal comments into the code. Its amazingly unprofessional, and might not be the views of your employer. Best not to start bad practice.

In the very slight chance now that Intel or MS wanted to hire you, on LOTS of money, and they asked for sample code, and you give them that, you aint getting the job.

In a professional environment (which you should be working towards at uni) you should never add personal comments into the code. Its amazingly unprofessional, and might not be the views of your employer. Best not to start bad practice.

In the very slight chance now that Intel or MS wanted to hire you, on LOTS of money, and they asked for sample code, and you give them that, you aint getting the job.

That's funny, the leaked Win2k source had the word "Fuck" and "Shit" sprinkled liberally through it.

EDIT: Simon, it should be obvious from context that I don't actually use variables named like that for important things. Instead of using "i" in a loop, why not use "penis"? It's still quite obvious what is going on :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny, the leaked Win2k source had the word "Fuck" and "Shit" sprinkled liberally through it.

EDIT: Simon, it should be obvious from context that I don't actually use variables named like that for important things. Instead of using "i" in a loop, why not use "penis"? It's still quite obvious what is going on :)
If ( What U type > Whats necess. ) then U != real coder. ;)

Theres always a difference between having the job and wanting the job. When you are at Microsoft OS coding level, I bet you can walk into any other job if you want. Before then though, I would heartily discourage you from it.

Back