Survey of Vidcard Numbers among NWN players.

ZoinKs!

Regular
Here's the results.

The Neverwinter Vault recently started a survey asking what videocard people are using. It's had almost 2600 responses so far, so I think it's big enough to provide some useful numbers.

Keep in mind that it's well known that nwn runs faster on nVidia hardware. This could skew results in nVidia's favor a bit compared with the general user base.

Summary of results to date:

The tnt's and geforce256 are dead. They combine for ~3% of the total.
Geforce2's of various types are still around. About 10% use a 2mx.
Geforce 4mx accounts for another ~10%
Geforce 4ti's are about one third of the total.
All radeon's before the 8500 are dead.
Radeon's 8500-9200 are a blip on the radar; ~6% combined.
Virtually no one is using Matrox or Xabre cards.
edit: Two thirds of hardcore nwn players are using dx 8.0 or higher hardware.

Regarding dx 9 parts:
Ati has the lead. Radeons 9500-9800 is ~13% of the total.
Geforce fx is 7% of total. However, more than half of those are 5200 users.

Any comments on the poll results?

I didn't even noticed they had a poll, nor did any of my friends who also play NWN. Otherwise there would be a few more votes for ATI DX9 votes and some more ATI 8500 too.

Bioware and their team of programmers should code for a specific API standard. IE: GL = ARB, DX = DX.

BRiT said:
I didn't even noticed they had a poll, nor did any of my friends who also play NWN. Otherwise there would be a few more votes for ATI DX9 votes and some more ATI 8500 too.
The poll is hard to find. You need to scroll the news page down to the Fri Aug 29th section. They really need to improve the site layout...
Anyways, the poll is still open. It's currently very close to the bottom of the front page.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Bioware and their team of programmers should code for a specific API standard. IE: GL = ARB, DX = DX.
Nwn was originally supposed to support both dx and opengl, but that feature was cut shortly before release. I just hope Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic won't repeat the performance problems of nwn.

Considering the results, all this tells us is that the most popular card from the previous generation was the GeForce 4... which we already knew. Not entirely sure why they combine the GeForce 4 Ti's together, yet things like Radeon series are seperate from one another.

Anyway, considering the ATI issue with this game, this was hardly the site to tell us all.

Back